healthy start to the new year....

Ava Grace

Mummy to 2 boys wtt #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was hoping for some dietry advice. I am in my 7th cycle ttc and me and DH have decided to go on a health kick in jan and I was wondering if you knew of any foods that can help us both with ttc?

I am willing to try anything!! xxx

Hiya :waves:

I sound like a stuck record but.... lotsa fruit n veg... prenatal vitamins - esp Folic Acid (rant rant nag nag). cut back on caffeine and booze... not too much green tea in its place as it inhibits the absorption of the Folic... my GP's told me to up my red meat intake.
Good luck! xx

Hi hun, thank you for this. I am taking pregnacre which I think has folic acid in it is that enough?

DH is taking zinc and we are both giving up alcohol and coffee from now! and going on a healthy eating programme. DH has even said he will go to the gym with me!!! x

ava grace,

the month i got pregnant, i started taking zinc as well as putting my oh on it! apparently it's good for us ladies too :) i echo what's been said, lots of fruit & veg, cut back on caffeine & alcohol, etc :)

good luck!
xx

Fabulous!
Pregnacare levels of Folic should be fine unless you have a family history of pregnancies affected by neural tube defects (spina bifida, anencephaly, acrania...) or you suffer from digestive problems (Crohns, IBS...) or you're on anti-epileptic medication. The first makes you high-risk for an NTD pregnancy, the latter two may inhibit your absorption of Folic Acid and your GP should put you onto the maximum dose of 5mg. More info available on thread entitled Folic Acid - The Truth About....

Looking forward to seeing that elusive BFP :)

thanks so much for your advice..I'm determined to be super healthy and get my BFP!!

Babydust to you too ladies xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->