Heart be still! (Sorry long post but please read)

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
So here's the conversation DH and I have as we're driving around town just chatting and shooting the bull:
Setting: peaceful beautiful night out just the 2 of us

DH: So I've been thinking a lot lately.....
ME: Ya about what? (Heart starts pounding)
DH: How would you like to start trying for a baby?
ME: I would love to, I'm just waiting for you tell me when....(heart pounding)

1)Ladies when you and your DH or SO had that discussion how did you go about telling him the importance of timing? Or did you just DTD every other day during your fertile period? DH knows I O mid cycle. I don't wanna scare him or make it a turn off trying to explain how the woman's body works. So what's the best approach so it won't scare/stress/make him have a turn off?
2) Also when/how did you break the news to your family that your TTC?
Or did you keep it a secret until your BFP?
Knowing my family they'll ask a thousand questions.
Any ideas ladies?
TIA and baby dust to all :)

[Report] [Edit]

I was pretty honest about the logistics of it, as I was temping and charting when we TTC with #1. It did sometimes feel forced around O but that is kinda the nature of TTC.

I told friends we were TTC but not family. Too much pressure in my opinion! I didn't even tell family until 9+ weeks pregnant anyways.

First of all we never told our families we were TTC just told them when we were pregnant.
Now with timing it usually went like this 'hey hunny....wink wink...' Which he then knew it was a good time for me to conceive.
As for actual timing I always went by cm. for me it was always a really good indicator.
And now....

We're pregnant with baby #4....

First of all we never told our families we were TTC just told them when we were pregnant.
Now with timing it usually went like this 'hey hunny....wink wink...' Which he then knew it was a good time for me to conceive.
As for actual timing I always went by cm. for me it was always a really good indicator.
And now....

We're pregnant with baby #4....

Congrats on baby # 4 :)

I barely remember when we decided to ttc. I know dh has been trying to talk me round since I was 19 and I agreed when I was 22, so there was definitely no lovely conversation. Just a lot of

Now?
No
What about now?
Still no

We didn't tell anyone we were ttc for thr first few years but after a while I got sick of lying so after a while I figured if people wanted to ask innapropriate questions they could deal with an uncomfortable answer!

I either didn't mention timing at all and just made sure I was the one to instigate at the right time, or I'd go down the wink wink route. My dh hated the pressure of ttc so it was better for him not to think about it.

UPDATE:
While we were "playing" DH speaks: "I have a question" Me(I look up) DH: When is your most fertile days? Isn't it like on day 10 and you count day 1 as first day? Me: My fertile week is the week of Christmas. I know it's gonna be hard. DH: Do you know what help? Me:Well it's best to have sex every other day because every day can lower sperm count. I bought some preseed a few months ago we can use as lube incase I get dry. To keep the stress down we can do what we want as long as the end result is that (pointing to his penis) goes ends up in my vagina. We'll need to be more healthy. Remember the sticks I peed on? They cost a little $ but we can use them. They tell me when I am really close. DH: We can do that next yr like in Feb. I can cut down on caffeine but I don't know about smoking(ladies please don't judge him, he's trying the quit). Me: That's ok I can cut down on caffeine too.
Side note: I am so excited! But I am begging you....PLEASE DON'T JUDGE DH! Yes he needs to quit, yes he knows it's bad for his health and the health of the sperm but please no rude comments on his smoking....HE WANTS TO QUIT....Thank you for understanding

Happy for you! Just one (baby-unrelated) thought though: you really shouldn't post your email address in your signature. Especially when you share personal info here. The forum is full of wonderful, supportive women but that doesn't stop random pervs reading as well.

When we decided to try for the first time, we didn't really time anything. I had charted to keep track of my periods and figured out that when I'm most horny, I'm fertile, so he just let me set the mood. We DTD roughly 5 days a week when I'm fertile and got pregnant the third month.

The second time, we got pregnant the first month we started trying... funnily, I was on birth control for a week.

During your TWW, you may want to keep track of your heartrate. I knew I was pregnant before the BFP because my heartrate went up 20 beats faster than usual.

Good luck!

Aww=') so exciting!!! Relaxe and enjoy! It will happen. My dh smokes and I never gave him crap. There are people who do way worse and still conceive! Good luck on ur journey!! Have fun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"