heart beat at 9wk 6days

cattymouse

mother of 1
Reaction score
hey I have my midwife appointment next Thursday
i will be 9 wk and 6 days
just wondering if my midwife would be able to heat a heart beat on the doppler or is it too early

My obgyn just tried today for me (I'm 9+1) and he couldn't find it so at 9+6 you will probably be too early as well.

At my OB appt with my first I was 9 weeks 5 days, they told me not to expect to hear anything but they found his heartbeat loud and clear, same with my twins although we didn’t know it was twins at the time.

Whereabouts are you? If you are in the UK they won't try at this stage. It used to be done at the 16 week appointment but I think now they won't even try then. I think the first time they will listen in is at 22wks.

With my DS the midwife found it at 9w5d BUT this pregnancy I've had doctors try twice and no success! It sucks when they can't! The first time they couldn't I was in an urgent care so they did a wee ultrasound and I saw baby moving and heart beating....so it was the doppler just not working.

I ordered one online and it gets here tomorrow and I'm sure I'll try and be freaked out again.

I don't think they reliable until 12 weeks at earliest and as another poster said some doctors wait until even later.

I have a home Doppler and was able to find this baby at 9 weeks (ds2 at 8.5 wks and dd at 10wks) with an anterior placenta. The thing is drs and mw May not try for as long and aren’t as driven as say a paranoid mama that NEEDS to hear the hb.

I've had 5 babies, and the time when we could hear the heart beating varied each time. With some, I was 12-14 weeks along. With some, I was 7 weeks along. It could go either way, really. I hope you get to hear! :)

I went at 9+5 and the midwife couldn't hear it, but she didn't look for very long - I can hear it clearly on my doppler at home. I find that sometimes it takes me 5-10 minutes to find and it's unlikely your OB will spend that much time looking.

Hope you're able to hear it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->