• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Heart burn

maria26pc

Reaction score
My heartburn is killing me for the past couple of weeks. It seems I have it all the time and it gets worse the moment I lie down. Cant sleep at night at all. I go off to sleep and in 15 minutes I am up coughing and severe heartburn and feels everything I have eaten is about to come up. I have tried many things-like no oily or spicy food, small meals, no food after 8PM...nothing seems to work. Its terrible. My DH is also not able to sleep as I am awake forever...poor soul.
Any suggestions ladies????

Gaviscon liquid is the only thing that works for me, i have gone through bottles of the stuff, its vile but worth it! get it on a script from your doc and you get a massive bottle xxx

Does that mean that you are going to have a loads of hair bubs????

Gaviscon is the answer apparentely!

Yep Gaviscon by the bed - I prefer the chewable tablets though! I find lately that I'm getting it even when I recline ever so slightly on the couch. I have to be so careful about eating late at night too, because that makes it unbearable! The worst thing is, chocolate really sets it off!!!

Im suffering from this too it actually mainly in my throat! I got the liquid from the docs too tastes awful but it soothes it!

As the others have said - definately Gaviscon!! And make sure you eat early evening - that way your food is nicely digested before you lie down at night.
You can get it free on prescription from your doctor.

I am using Tums Smoothies....they are my saving grace!!!
Hope it gets better...:hugs:

i'm drinking loads of milk - it still bubbles up but at least its cool and frothy!

my MW told me that drinking an ice cold water helps heartburn!! its worth a go!!

Gaviscon works really quickly. It is disgusting and the texture and look reminds me of a mans bodily function :spermy: but it does do the trick, just have a drink on stand by ready to take the taste away!!!

Ive been prescribed peptac form the doctors which is the same stuff as Gaviscone.I get 500 ml bottles and going through it like no ones buisness.

I get this occasionally. Have been taking Gaviscon tablets. They do help ease it hun. I would definately recommend it. :hugs:

I've found not drinking around / during mealtimes helps most of the time but some days the acid just attacks. I'm trying not to have any drugs unless they're absolutely necessary and I've managed to put up with the acid so far.

I tried alkaline foods (found out milk is slightly acidic) like bananas but they didn't help much.

This has happened to me once in my pregnancy and it was after I ate a heap of greasy fish and chips before bed. I will NEVER do that again. I was regergitating it up to my throat all night and it was burning soooo bad.

I ended up drinking milk and it helped. Then I lay in bed chewing chewing gum. It was the only thing I could think of at the time and it kind of worked.

I take Gaviscon, but it's not always enough to get rid of really bad heart burn. I also drink milk, avoid fruit juices and try to prop myself up in a bed a bit.

I'd avoid drinking cold water. I've been known to get the worst heartburn imaginable after drinking a bottle of plain old cold water! Would try the Gaviscon liquid hun, vile but effective. I keep a bottle in the fridge as it's not so yucky when it's cold. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"