Heart Palpitations

Katiie

Mummy to Three
Reaction score
So since about 15 weeks? I've been having heart palpitations (I think) once a day every few days. At first I thought it was nothing just one of those strange pregnancy symptoms but now I'm not so sure if it's possibly blood pressure related? Or if I should be concerned?

I basically could be just resting and then I feel my heart beat in my chest really hard and a teeny bit painful. It lasts a few seconds/ about 5-10 beats and it's gone. I've only had chest pain afterwards once.

Should I speak to my midwife?? I have an appointment on the 16th.
I'm meant to be going on holiday end of November and will need to be signed for to fly. Will that effect it?

I've not experienced this with my sons pregnancy.
And so far (touch wood) my blood pressure has been perfect.

I also had palpitations and I looked into it and it seems quite normal. I didn't get them first time either. Saying that I still think it's good sense to talk to your midwife for some reassurance. I should to I guess. X

I guess I will mention it, hopefully it doesn't stop me going on holiday

I get this too - its pregnancy hormone-related. It shouldn't interfere with your travel, but I would definitely discuss it with your Midwife or GP (probably GP).

Definitely discuss with your doctor for piece of mind but I think its normal in terms if hormones and our hearts are pumping harder because we have so much more blood in our bodies.

I can feel my heart beating when I am lying down on my side.... I thought it was preg related but I think I'll ask my dr when I meet her Wednesday...

I do, but I'm anaemic and that's a symptom x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->