heart palpitations?

Destiny08

Reaction score
so for the last 3 full days and an evening before that I have been having heart palpitations. sorta every...10/20 mins I get 1 really big beat, it takes my breath away and then my heart races for a minute or 2...
is there any chance this is ttc related? or is it more likely something serious?
im on cd 25! im 23, have normal cholesterol and normal BP (although I did have pre eclampsia with DD)

So many things can cause heart palpitations. They are no cause for worry unless they are accompanied with chest pains, dizziness, or fainting. Most of the time they stress or anxiety related, but they can also be caused by stimulates like caffeine,nicotine, or alcohol. Less common causes include, low blood sugar/pressure, anemia, dehydration, some herbal supplements, decongestants, asthma inhalers, diet pills. The list does on. Also pregnancy or major hormones changes can sometimes cause them too.

Ectopic beats (skipped or extra beats) are fairly common and harmless. I get them all the time and I can agree with pp on them being stress related. I definitely get more during the 2ww. That being said, I have heart failure so Its not unusual for me anyway. If your at all concerned, visit your doctor for an ecg to ease your mind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->