Heartbeat at 29 weeks

Jazzy-NICU

Reaction score
I saw the midwife this morning and she documented the hb as 150-167bpm and asked if i had rushed up to the clinic??? I thought that this was about normal for LO, its always been 140-160ish, if anyone has any reassurance that would be good as i'm starting to doubt myself! She didnt say there was a problem but the way she asked if i'd rushed made me worry!

I wouldn't worry. Is it the same MW that you normally see?

well its my actual midwife but the first time i've seen her since my booking appointment as she always seems to be on leave or off sick!

She probably just wasn't sure how it normally ran until she looked in your file. I was always told that 160 was still safe. Sometimes baby is just extra busy, plus the doppler makes a loud sound in there, so if baby was already getting his/her cardio in, and then the doppler came on, with it usually being fast... it really isn't a bad heartrate.

the average is meant to be between 110-150 if your resting, but then babys h.rate goes up with yours if your running about or being more active.

my lilys heartbeat averages between 140-160 when shes active... ive attached a pic of a ctg trace... just to put ur mind at ease that it is normal... baby is probably just awake :)SDC10215.jpg

he was wide awake, midwife even put fetal movement seen so he was having a little party in there at the time!

well its my actual midwife but the first time i've seen her since my booking appointment as she always seems to be on leave or off sick!

Ha make sure she's not stealing someones husband like mine did lol.
Could never get hold of her either.
My new midwife said heartbeat is usually between 110 and 160 bpm.

At every appointment my son's HB has been right around 150; it was the same with my first. I'm sure nothing's wrong!

at 31 weeks my lil girls was anything between 130 and 170! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->