Heartbeat too slow

LouOscar01

Reaction score
I had a tiny spot of brown last Tuesday. I'm a huge worrier so midwife arranged for me to have an early scan to reassure me on Thursday. I was 6w 1d for scan. The scan showed I was 5w 4d (which I know I can't be as I know when ovulation was - temping, follicle tracking scans etc). I don't know when I implanted so maybe that makes a difference. She also mentioned that the heart rate was too slow and wrote that the fetus was bradycardic on the report for my midwife. The nurse told me not to worry... After researching on the internet I'm annoyed that she told me not to worry, why can't they just be honest. I feel like it's very unprofessional to be dishonest and try and smooth things over. The internet suggests that there is a very high chance of fetal demise between 60 and 80%.

I have another scan on Thursday. I cannot explain for a second how horrible it is waiting till then. I feel worried sick constantly. I'm so sure I will miscarry it's horrific not knowing for certain. She said we will know for sure on Thursday. I don't even know how I will walk into the hospital without passing out.

I'm so scared about what I will do if I'm told I've lost this baby. After fertility drugs and a year of trying :(

The only chance my baby will be ok is if the heart had only just started beating... but then I remember that it was also too small for my timing and then I lose all hope again.

Anyone had any experience with low fetal heartrate (bradycardia).

Wish I had never had the scan for just one spot of brown :(

5+4 must be wrong, because the heart starts beating at 6 weeks if I am correct and heart beat is not detectable before that...often even later around 7 or 8 weeks.
And if you were 6 weeks or 6+1 the heart really just started beating! Guess it would not be any concern then.

Also keep in mind that the time to conceive and implantation can greatly vary. Implantation can happen between 5 and 12 days and this can really skew dates too!

I hope everything will be okay! The date seems to be in your favor :)

I saw no heartbeat at around 6 weeks and was put on a two week wait. Waiting really sucks :(

I just found a website that I like because it gives me hope. It says the heartbeat starts off slow and the picks up over a week or so. It also says that you can date a pregnancy by adding a mm each day from 6 weeks. So if you have a 4mm baby you are 6 weeks and 4 days. I had a 3mm baby so according to this site I should be 6w and 3 days.

Do you remember the number of bmp? Honestly I'd say your baby is fine and the heart just started beating. My dates were off too in the beginning but caught up later! Xx

I just found a website that I like because it gives me hope. It says the heartbeat starts off slow and the picks up over a week or so. It also says that you can date a pregnancy by adding a mm each day from 6 weeks. So if you have a 4mm baby you are 6 weeks and 4 days. I had a 3mm baby so according to this site I should be 6w and 3 days.
That is very interesting! Idk how many mm my baby was. Does it say on the US image?
I was told I am about 5+6 so that is before the heartbeat can be heard usually.

The bpm wasn't recorded nor was I told at the time. I phoned up the next day but they didn't know. The measurement isn't written on my scan photo but was written on my notes for the midwife.

It's so horrible waiting for that next scan. :( 3 and a half days to go.

And to top it all we've just been told that my partner's little sister (22 and still living at home) is 17 weeks pregnant. Oh joy.

With my son...I was 5w6d and had a really bad bleed and was cramping--doubled over cramping. Pain was so severe that I was screaming. I've never had pain like that before. Dh took me to the ER and they did a scan. Diagnosis was threatened miscarriage b/c his heartbeat was only in the 90's. Their heart just starts beating and it doesn't start out fast. I know how much waiting stinks! Please try to keep your mind occupied so you don't worry extra, iykwim? Maybe treat yourself to something or go see a film. Sending hugs.

I know it's hard but try and stay calm Hun

When I had my private reassurance scan at 7+4 (I know 100% that's how far I was/ temps/opks/temped for implantation etc) they said baby was measuring 4 days behind (but said so early on it can measure a week behind or in front)
She also said so early heart rate doesn't matter so much because it can change rapidly over a few days
(I asked because there's so many posts on here from the U.S. Mentioning heart rate

Anyway, I'm now 15+3, baby was measuring 3 days ahead on my 9+4 and my 12 week scan with a healthy heart

Fingers crossed yours is just a slow starter so far x

Baby all ok!! Heartbeat normal and baby doubled in size. I can breath now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->