Heartbroken

Is harvesting and freezing his sperm an option? In case you do MC, or you want more children later on.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even comprehend what you are going through. Take care of yourself and surround yourself with loved ones :hugs:

Thank you ladies. I have just been constantly going thru waves of crying and screaming and then utter, deafening silence. I think I am going to go to the ER next week to hear the heartbeat. I may just say I was having pain and bleeding so I get a scan. I'm so worried.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I just can't even begin to imagine how awful this is. I definitely wouldn't blame you for going to the ER. I'm not sure how your Healthcare works but here I know if I call my OB office and let them know I'm in pain or spotting, they'll have me come in there if it's during regular hours.

:hugs:I am so so so sorry for your unexpected loss. I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling. I hope you have some good support around you.:hugs:

I'm so incredibly sorry. I can't imagine the pain of losing a partner, much less losing him unexpectedly and at the beginning of a pregnancy. I hope you have a lot of loving friends and family to surround you with help and support and love right now.

Does your OB-GYN know about the situation? You've been through an intense emotional trauma and your medical professionals should know that you're in a unique situation. If you need the reassurance of a scan or a doppler check, I hope they'd be understanding and be sure to show extra attentiveness to you right now.

It also may be helpful to find a resource for mental health. Speaking with a grief counselor could be very helpful in dealing with your stress levels.

I am so unbelievably sorry for the pain you are going through and the devastating loss you are facing. I hope you have a lot of people around you to help take care of you at this impossibly difficult time.

Secondtime I never even thought to call my OB. That's a good idea. I am completely devastated by this news and just want to go to sleep and wake up and have this be a bad dream.

Do you guys think that my OB would do an early scan for reassurance? I really need that to put my mind at ease. Once I hear the heartbeat I will feel extremely relieved and more comfortable grieving. But I would have to wait another week or so until I'm 6 weeks. Because I know before then there's not a good chance at seeing anything at all.

I think given the circumstances they would. if not, I wouldn't judge you for waiting a week and feigning a need to be seen. Preferably not er to avoid the cost/their machines usually aren't as good. :hugs:

I am so sorry for your loss, I can not imagine what you are going through.

I really hope you can get an early scan for reassurance :hugs::hugs:

I am so, so sorry. Soooo many hugs to you right now. I just can't imagine.
The small bright spot is that stress, even fairly extreme stress like grief will not affect the outcome of your pregnancy. I would definitely call your doctor and arrange a scan for 6 weeks. Try to take each day one at a time until next week when you can get a scan. So much easier said than done, I know.
Hugs, again. I wish you peace in this incredibly difficult time.

I'm so very deeply sorry for your loss. I pray that you find the comfort and strength to get through this difficult time and that your baby continues to thrive and your scan brings you the little piece of mind that you need right now. :hugs:

I am so sorry. I can't even imagine what it is like to lose a significant other, on top of trying to cope while pregnant. I would try to explain the situation to your OBGYN. I know they don't like to do ultrasounds until after 7 weeks because there isn't always a heart beat that early and it scares the mom.

I would also try to find a therapist because I know I would be a complete mess and unable to care for myself. That's just me.

Please take care and I hope you find comfort :(

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss:hugs: I hope you have friends and family to lean on during this difficult time. If you're worried about m/c, maybe talk to your OB/GYN and explain the situation and if it's possible to have extra monitoring?

Is harvesting and freezing his sperm an option?

I was thinking about this option as well. Don't know if it's an option but I think it has to be done pretty quickly after the person is deceased. I read that it should preferably be 24 hours after but can also be done up to 36 hours after. Later than 36 hours though and the success rate starts to drop.

So sorry to read this, I can't imagine how this would be. Big hugs to you. Look after yourself. I remember reading once about stress affecting a pregnancy and they compared to wives and girlfriends of victims of 9/11, that there were over 100 pregnant at the time and they went on to have their babies. Xxxx

Thank you ladies. I called my doctor and explained the situation at hand. They said they were going to leave a message with the nurse and they would call me back. I hope I can get in next week.

Today I got the worst call of my entire life. The one I never had prepared myself, the one no person should ever get. My husband passed away this morning and I am devastated. I am in shambles. I do not know what to do, or how to go on. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and I don't know how I'm supposed to be excited for my pregnancy anymore when I am going to have to go thru it alone.

I can't believe I'm even writing this. I can't believe this is happening.

I am so sorry for your loss dear. I know its hard but think of your LO as the manifestation of you and your husbands love that you'll have as a reminder forever. My heart truly goes out to you. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Glad you called, I'm sure an early scan will be a tremendous comfort.

I don't know if this will bring any comfort to you or not regarding your pregnancy, but there were many many women who were very early in pregnancy when 911 happened and the towers fell causing these women to loose their spouses. They actually tracked these women to study grief and pregnancy loss. The rates of their miscarriages were not any higher than the rates you find under normal circumstances. In other words, the intense grief these women suffered did not cause any increase risk of miscarriage. Of coarse some women did miscarry, but statistically speaking it was no more than what would be expected under normal circumstances, suggesting that the women who did miscarry, most likely would have miscarried anyway.

Thinking of you. Sending love and light and peace to you and your baby. Hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->