Heartburn = baby with hair??

J22

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Do any of you believe this?
I'd never heard of it until the other day when I said to someone that I've been getting acid coming up into my throat and they said..."that 'cos your baby's got hair". It sounds like an old wives tale but I was wondering if there's any truth in it.

I was so blonde when I was little it didn't look like I had hair until I was about 2 years old, but OH was born with black curly hair!!! I just expect my baby to be bald too like I was so it would be funny to me to see my baby come out with a mullet!! :haha:

xxx :flower:

I had heartburn so bad with my last that it made me puke! She was born with very little hair. She ended up being blonde. My girls that were born with black hair ended up being brunette. Its an old wives tale. I think it more depends on what color hair they genetically predetermined to have. For me, heartburn meant nothing but being miserable LOL

I'm having bad heartburn, the kind which you can feel coming up your throat.

At my 32 week scan I was told my baby already have a full head of hair

I had the worst heartburn ever and my 14 month old is still bald. ;)

I have heartburn every now and again but both hubby and I were bald until we were about 18 months so I'm not sure if it'll be true with baby mac! Xx

My first was born with a head full of thick dark hair! Gorgeous! I never suffered with any heartburn at all when pregnant! Xx

its not true although, ive had the worst acid reflux EVER and my ultrasound tech told me she could see baby had alot of hair! hehe

Its an old wives tale, a myth x

No I had heartburn with both, my son was bald until he was 18 months and my daughter had a head full of hair!!!

I've heard it's an old wives tale that may actually be true but we've already seen tons of hair in the boys on US and I've had just a bit of heartburn.

I have wicked heart burn with all of them and all 3 were born with a TON of hair!

It's been true for me - my 1st had no hair and no heartburn, my 2nd was llike a monkey baby and I had loads of heartburn! This time it ccomes and goes so maybe it will have some hair but not too much lol

it seems to hold some truth with me as well. With my daughter i had alot of heartburn it was awful and she was born with tons of hair. Not just on her head but everywhere lol. But with my son i had no heartburn maybe once or twice he was born with hair but very little hair. This time i have already had heartburn. It started before it started with my daughter so im guessing the baby has alot of hair. I too have had the ultrasound tech say they can see hair on her so well see lol

Ive had heartburn on and off and we saw hair on both boys this last time..quite a bit actually so I think it might be true lol here is a link to an article about some research on the topic https://pregnancy.about.com/b/2010/06/02/heartburn-and-the-hairy-baby.htm

oddly enough my ob says there is something to it though not everyone gets it..there is something your body releases when your baby has lots of hair and it gives you heartburn..

i thought it was a wives tale too :/

I had chronic heartburn and my baby has lots of hair.

Might be a coincident but who knows!

Certainly not true for me. I had heartburn that hurt right up to the back of my nose, and Rowan was not only born with very little hair, she stayed slappy-headed till she was nearly two (which pleased me very well, as it was so much easier to wash the porridge out of).

was true for both my girls born with full heads of hair x

I had zero heartburn and my little girl was born with a ton of long hair!

Bad heart burn all times, last two did have full heads of hair however I dont believe in things like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->