Heartburn!! What can I take???

Hellymay83

Reaction score
I have the worst heartburn in the world!! I only had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch then this damn heartburn started and it's making me feel sick!

I'm at my wits end, I asked a guy at the chemist in Tesco if I could take anything but he said no! Please tell me he's lying, Im sure gaviscon would be ok :cry:

Anyone else have this?

I just started getting Heart Burn yesterday...it's awful...never had it before in my life.

I took a Rennie (I hope that's OK!) I didn't check...I'm actually going to start eating smaller meals and it seems raw veg really makes it bad so I'll have to make sure I cook my veg.

I'm not sure what you can take Hun but I hope I can take something, it's dreadful, I have my 25 week check up tomorrow so will ask and let you know xx

Maalox, Mylanta, Gaviscon, Tums, Zantac, and Pepcid are all OK! (I just copied that off my sale-medications list from my OB)

Thanks mama627 I'm off to drink the contents of the gaviscon we have in the cupboard.

I asked my midwife about this as I have had it bad and she said all you can really take is Gaviscon which is perfectly safe, if you go to your GP you can get a huge bottle on prescription which of course is free now :) x

gaviscon is all ok to take but also try a glass of milk before or after eating, chewing some gum and staying upright a few hours so try not to eat before bedtime! Sorry I sound so bossy but I understand your pain I have had it with both pregnancies and its horrible!!

rennie is definitely safe - am taking about 4 tablets a day - as soon as i wake up and as soon as I go to bed xxx

I take Morrison's brand antacid tablets - they work a treat and taste yummy too! They are fruit flavoured and are fine to take during pregnancy.
Jx

iv had it really bad and got renitidene off the doctor they are the best things in the world not even the slightest bit of heartburn since i started taking them x

I've been the same today and feel your pain! Gaviscon is ok and I've found cold milk works a treat :)

I had just popped a fruit flavoured Rennie's into my mouth as I read your post :) Says on the back that they're safe for pregnancy.

It's awful isn't it, before I got pregnant I thought the whole heartburn thing was just an exaggeration but my gosh is bad!

Gaviscon, rennies, heartburn tablets etc. all are fine to use :)

I usually have a cheap version of rennies but am currently using Morrisons heartburn tablets 6 for £1. I have horrendous heartburn when I'm in bed and it is a lifesaver!!

I take Tums and Maalox when it gets really bad.

I take Peppermint oil capsules (very safe during pregnancy, its not drug) which helps but last nite i woke up with bad heartburn cos i slept on just one pillow which not helped. Use 2 or 3 pillows do help to stop the food backing it up.

god i HATE heartburn it was by far the worst part of my last pregnancy i sufferd for 20weeks!! this time i thought i was going to get away with it but :nope: it started last week :( and its bloody awful!! i cant take gaviscon as it makes me sick! but i am taking atleast 2 rennies a day (fruit flavourd ones) and they say safe in pregnancy on the back of the pack :D also milk does help for about 2mins then it comes bk again! xx

Gaviscon worked for all of an hour then I had a bagel and it's back :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->