heartburn :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by MrsGemmaRose, Nov 14, 2011.

1. MrsGemmaRose

MrsGemmaRose Well-Known Member

Hi girls just a quick question over the last few weeks I have been getting bad waves of heart burn and no matter what I do it won't shift :( I dnt wanna take medication as I'm not sure what I can take I will be asking my doctor on wednesday but has anyone got any home remadees ?? I've tryed milk and ice aas sugested by my mum doesent really help xx

2. Ashlee B x

Ashlee B x Teejay N Kaycie

Gaviscon (tastes gross) but that really does work for me, or theres any type of rennie they got fruit, mint or chewy ones (my fave) if u can find em. Avoid anything citrousy, lemons, oranges and even tomatoes :( i love tomatoes lol, see if that helps rpevent it in future :) hope your well xx

3. babyoneill

babyoneill mother to Amber and Lexie and Jack

rennies. i live on them lol and it works x

4. Hooblet

Hooblet Well-Known Member

Gaviscon is the only thing that works for me! The doctors might be able to prescribe something stronger if you need it. I've also been told to avoid anything spicy or too rich, and not lay down after eating for a few hours. The more upright you sit the better, apparently. Poor you, heartburn sucks!! :( xx

5. MrsGemmaRose

MrsGemmaRose Well-Known Member

Yhhh its crap but all part of pregnancy I guess xx

6. momtake1

momtake1 Well-Known Member

I have been suffering from horrible heartburn since my second tri began. I had been eating tums like they were candy until someone suggested almonds. Just plain, unsalted almonds. It has totally helped me. I eat a handful before I eat food that I know sends me into heartburn hell and a handful after! Maybe it will help you too!! Good Luck!!

7. swalumni

swalumni Mama of Two

Oh I'm there too. I get heartburn from EVERYTHING it seems. Milk is the only thing that has helped. Meds havent touched it at all.

8. tiredabby

tiredabby pregnant,mother of 1

i get heartburn alot and i take gaviscon or half a teaspoon of antacid.

9. Borboleta

Borboleta Well-Known Member

I am there with you girl:). I couldn't take the heartburn anymore the other day and had tums first which help for about 2 hours bu then had to take pep acid and it finally calm down. Doctor said I could take it so it will become my best friend at the moment:).

10. NickyKB

NickyKB Well-Known Member

It's awful I'm living on a combination of gaviscon when I'm at home and Rennie when I'm at work... However I have recently found that some types of ice cream (Ben and Jerry's Phish food works best for me although that may be psychological) can keep things at bay for an hour or so!

11. babymegan

babymegan Active Member

Gaviscon does do the work for me but not all the time. Thanks for the almond suggestion. Will try it.