Heaven has another angel....

mom2beagain

mom and preggers
Reaction score
After two miscarriages last year, my husband and I were thrilled to find out that we were expecting again. It was a loooong road. We were even more thrilled to find out that we were indeed (as we suspected) expecting twins. Last night I called my OB complaining of severe pain and some bleeding. I thought, this is it. I went to the hospital, sat in the waiting room for over three hours, and finally was brought into a room. They couldn't find either heart beat. I was devastated. They did an internal exam which confirmed my fears, that my water was leaking.

After what seemed like another three hours, they finally took me in for an U/S. We were expecting MoMo twins, so they were both in the same sac and shared a placenta. One of our babies was only measuring in at 7 weeks and 5 days, and our other at 10 weeks and 5 days. The smaller one did not have a heart beat. The other baby looked great, good strong heart beat, and moving around. Even waved to me a few times it looked like. I couldn't stop crying, it was sadness and joy at the same time.

After the scan the doctors talked to us about what had happened, as they are ruling it twin to twin transfusion. They said it is extremely common with MoMo twins, and that its a good sign that one of our babies was still alive. Then they blew my mind. They asked if we wanted to terminate the pregnancy. WHAT?!?!?!?! Because they share a sac they could not remove our baby without taking the other one. We spoke to them about dangers that our living baby would encounter with having the other still in the womb, and they said hardly none. Considering the gestational size and age that most likely they would become a "vanishing" twin and be re-absorbed.

I cried all last night, and all day today so far. I have gotten a lot of condolences, most which say, at least you still have one. At what point does that make this okay? To me it doesn't. Yes I am thrilled to still be carrying one, but that does not make up for the loss of our other child.

When did people become so insensitive.

Im so sorry for your loss. People are very insensitive at times.

Thinking of you xxx

I am so sorry for your loss and for all you are going through =/ That is a horrible comment to make. Too many people say things without really thinking, its such a shame!

people just dont understand that one does not make up for the other.. i'm so sorry for the loss of your baby<3

I'm so sorry 2 hear of ur loss xx it is a very insensitive thing 2 say bt its very hard 2 no wat 2 say in this situation try nt 2 think 2 much in2 it they prob thought it wud cheer u up (although its the complete opposite) I hope the remainder of ur pregnancy goes ok an my heart goes out to u at such a hard tym xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->