Heavy bleeding - But the tests still say positive

ButternutBabe

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Late last night I began having intense stabbing pain in my lower abdomen. I rushed back to the hotel (I'm not at home this week) and I was bleeding, heavily. I had intense abdominal pain on and off until I finally passed out from exhaustion.

I've just woken up, still bleeding heavily, and did a test to confirm my fears that I've miscarried... But it still came out positive.

Have I lost it but still just have the growth hormones in my body? The line is as clear and dark as when I first confirmed my pregnancy. I'm at six weeks, but haven't been to the doctors yet as I only received my confirmation a few hours before having to board a plane for this trip. My appointment to see a doctor is set for when I return home in a few days.

Should I just give up hope already? Surely bleeding like this isn't normal.

Also, those pains were like my normal period cramps but 10 times worse. I was crying and curled up in a ball, where as normally I can manage regular tasks whilst cramping. I really thought it was gone, but the positive test is throwing me off.

If it's a miscarriage you will test positive for a week or two after miscarriage (sometimes longer). But the line should start fading. Anyway you can get to a dr to see what's going on? Esp with the severe pain and bleeding. Some ppl bleed heavily and all is okay. You need ultrasound and bloodwork. Def want to rule out something like ectopic with the severe pain.

If it's a miscarriage you will test positive for a week or two after miscarriage (sometimes longer). But the line should start fading. Anyway you can get to a dr to see what's going on? Esp with the severe pain and bleeding. Some ppl bleed heavily and all is okay. You need ultrasound and bloodwork. Def want to rule out something like ectopic with the severe pain.

The earliest I can see a doctor is tomorrow late afternoon, if they have an appointment. They're closed right now and I can't make the appointment until they open in the morning.

If the cramps are bad enough to have you curled up in a ball I'd go to the hospital to see what's going on...

I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

I agree with everything MoBaby has said and would also recommend that you get yourself to a Dr ASAP to confirm that the pain that you're experiencing isn't an ectopic pregnancy. In the meantime, there isn't much that you can do to confirm what is happening with your tiny bean without a Dr, I'm afraid. Even if you have lost your bean you would still have HSG in your system at this point, so that positive test unfortunately doesn't tell you very much just yet. You might be able to see that line getting stronger or fainter over the next few days, which could give you some indication of what's happening while you're not able to get to a Dr, but an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic and a couple of blood tests spaced apart over 48 hours or so would be your best bet for a definitive answer.

Sending you lots of warm fuzzies and internet hugs.

it doesn't sound good hun. i'm really sorry to hear this. i would try and get to a doctor, ASAP. possibly the ER (A&E). the only way to know what's going on for sure is to see a doctor. some women do bleed a lot during their pregnancies. but with the intense cramping and passing out it doesn't sound good. as previous posters said, i would get checked out to make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy. best of luck to you and i'm so sorry this happened.

I went to the emergency. They've drawn some blood and I'm about to have an internal ultrasound. She said it won't be bigger than a jelly bean but she'll still look for a heart beat.

Good luck keep us updated! Sending positivity

So sorry :( this same thing happened to me in June. Same way that happened to you. It's just not fair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->