heavy bleeding then faint positive?!

AMV

Reaction score
My story is long, but I need some help, so I hope someone can offer some. My dh and I have been ttc for a few months. On 3/6, AF came as she was supposed to. On 3/16, FF detected O Day and I wouldn't disagree. I don't get much cm and I didn't use opk sticks so I rely on temping, and there was a shift the following day. Anyway, a few days later, FF changed my O Day to 3/19. I"m not even sure the last few sentences are relevant to my story, but I wanted to add it in. Anyway, on 3/25 I started spotting. I"m a chronic spotter; I spot about 5 days before AF so this wasn't a surprise. However, hours later the spotting turned into a really heavy flow. I even thought I was miscarrying or having a chemical pregnancy. The heavy spotting subsided and about a day or two later, the bleeding completely stopped. Maybe it was a really irregular period? I usually don't have any AF signs, but this time I did have sore bbs. Who knows? I decided to chalk it up as the past and move on. Today, 3/30, I was supposed to get AF (before that episode took place) Obviously, no sign of it but I decided to take a hpt just to start off on a clean slate. Lo and behold, I got a very faint positive.....but a positive nonetheless. Now, I'm just confused. I did some research and apparently there's such thing as decidual bleeding which is the shedding of the uterine lining during pregnancy. It's period-like in flow and usually harmless. I'm not sure if that's what I have, but I'm guessing it's a possibility since I spot every month. Also, I've been temping and my temp has been high for a while..it never dipped. Anyway, I plan on testing again tomorrow, but what do you ladies think?

I didnt want to read and run. I dont have any valuable advise but It sounds promising that you might have the start of a BFP. Good luck!

AMV, my story is different but I got 2 positive hpt last week and positive blood test (HSG of 181)....but I've been spotting for a week! My nurse said some women bleed through their pregnancies. I have to wait til Friday for another blood test(I had a FET march 16th). Seems like ages away! Just hope it's a healthy pregnancy and wish the bleeding would stop! For you too!

Lots of people bleed in pregnancy but I would go to the doc and they can take bloods and monitor your HCG levels for you. Sorry I don't have much advice but didn't want to read and run. Good luck to you.

Xx

Hey hun some women do bleed when AF is due when they are pregnant but do get your levels checked as it can also be the sign of an ectopic pregnancy. My story started just like yours with heavy bleeding then a positive pregnancy test afterwards. I never had any pain with my ectopic and would have never known had I not gone in and saw my dr. She tested my hcg which rose just within acceptable range but scan after scan we couldn't locate the baby in my uterus:nope:

Anyways I don't want to be a total pessimist here and am hoping it's just a decidual bleed which does happen:thumbup: Go see your doctor and let us know how you get along!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->