Heavy lifting/carrying

I couldn't find the "study that links lifting 22-44lbs to pre-eclampsia" cited on baby center. Wish they had a citation. The closest thing I found was on occupational lifting. Anyway I found MANY articles saying exercise was extremely important to preventing reoccurring pre-eclampsia, so I will keep it up. I am on a rest week right now, and I am sick anyway, so I haven't been in a couple days.

misspriss, I would just quoting what I read. I wasn't saying it was right or wrong. Exercising is great. It is the lifting of weights that says can cause injury in early pregnancy due to the softening of ligaments. Since you were a lifter before pregnancy, it is probably safe for YOU to continue but not someone who hasn't lifted.

I ran a Tri-athlon pregnant (before I knew) and I am fine. So I continue doing cardio and lifting 5 pound weights. I am definitely laying off carrying my daughter as I don't want to injure my back. I had terrible sciatica and a herniated disc after my first pregnancy but was able to cure it myself with exercise.

Oh no I wasn't saying that, I was just REALLY interested to read that study, as I would quit lifting tomorrow if I thought it would cause me to have pre-eclampsia again.

I still occasionally lift my 4yr old who weighs 45lbs but not too often.....he's freakin' heavy! lol My 2yr old is 36lbs and I still left him a fair bit as well as the odd kettlebell workout and that weighs 25lbs. As I get further along I'll be scaling back though! Did all these things pre-pregnancy so my body's still pretty used to it at this stage. I think it just depends on your comfort level and what you're already used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->