Heavy lifting while ttc?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I know that exercise during pregnancy is great and everything but I wanted to know if anybody knows anything about heavy lifting while trying for a baby. My job is in inventory and I end up lifting heavy boxes a lot, probably between 25 and 80 lb boxes...Also lots of lifting while up and down on ladders, and sometimes I help unload the truck which involves lifting small to big boxes rapidly. I just had a chemical pregnancy which I think maybe resulted from the kidney infection that I just cured, but I can't help but think maybe my job played a part?

What do you think?
thank you

I was lifting heavy weights 2-3 times a week while TTC up until about 8 weeks pregnant, I had no problems conceiving and no spotting or problems associated with lifting. I just was too tired at 8 weeks and got lazy. I was lifting (squatting, etc) 85-95lbs, doing closer to 40-60 for various other exercises.

Ohh thank you for your reply, that makes me feel much better. I always remember my child development teacher saying that she kept water skiing until she couldn't zip up her wet suit, but of course it's still concerning so im glad to hear that it shouldn't be an issue. :thumbup:

Yeah I think if it's something you've always done you can continue to do it while ttc. I think if it was some extreme change in your habits or exercise then there might be problems. My doc told me to keep exercising the same as always up though first trimester then we'd adjust from there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->