heavy lifting

hersweetleaf

mommy to a baby hulk
Reaction score
im in the first trimester, 8 weeks on monday.

tonight my husband and i rearranged and did a through cleaning in our bedroom. i did move a few things, like a dresser etc but he did most of the grunt work. Now im a very self-sufficiant person, and i hate having people do things for me. so is this going to harm me or my baby since im so early on in my pregnancy? i just dont want to do anything that could cause me to lose my jelly bean, and i didnt really think about it until afterwards. i know, stupid. but i really dont want to wait on people to help me do things...any one out there the same way? did you do any heavy lifting on your own and did things go alright?

I'm much like you. I am always doing projects and lifting around the house. The doctor told me several things to be careful with..one was no lifting furniture. After the appointment, I asked my DH, "Did you tell him to say that?" haha Be careful!

With my first, I had to do a lot of lifting for my job and I was fine. I did move couches and things like that at home and nothing bad happened.

I can't remember exactly how pregnant I am (look at my signature), but I went and shoveled a couple feet of snow off my parents back deck today. We haven't told them I'm pregnant again yet.

I guess if it's something you're used to doing, you'll be fine, but don't try lifting things you wouldn't normally lift.

We've got a lot of DIY and furniture shifting to do - I lifted a couple of boxes up to my husband to put in the loft and felt like I was over-stretching, so suggested that I don't do that any more. I'll try and do things gently, but ask for help if I feel it is too much. And that could possibly change from day to day!

I would do it if theres someone else to do it but if you do do it just be careful. I'm sure you've done no harm. With my other 2 pregnancies I was so careful and didnt left anything I couldnt manage, but its a different story when you have children here already to look after. Carrying them round, picking them up etc. Try not to worry, just be careful x

I'm forever having to carry my DS around and clean etc and when I was pregnant with him i even still picked up my DD. I think a little if ok but don't do anything your not comfortable with, if it's going to make you worry don't do it.

I think the heavy lifting is more to do with harming yourself than baby? As your muscles etc become slack you could do yourself an injury. I would just be careful - I have horses and am still lifting hay/straw bales around, but my body is used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->