Heavy periods - Help please

LittleMinx

Finally Complete <3
Reaction score
Does anyone else suffer from stupidly heavy periods? I had forgotten how nasty they are off the pill.
AF arrived full force yesterday, and overnight last night i have leaked :blush: The flow is pretty bad, although i'm hoping this settles down after a few cycles.

I was told i have menorrhagia by a Gynecologist a few years back, so assume this is why its so bad. I was checked for fibroids etc, but all was clear.

Anyone have any tips for overnight issues?

My last one was pretty heavy and I leaked badly over night on the first night, which is unusual. And my period started very late thursday night and pretty much ended by 10am Monday morning! I usually have a five day period but i think it was so heavy first two days it ran out?

I would just say try and wake up in the night to go to toilet and sort yourself out and change your pad etc. I had to boil wash my pj bottoms at 8am was so embarassing haven't been like that since i was a teenager

Thanks hun... Heavy periods are just evil, but at the same time i am grateful that my cycles have returned after the pill.

The flow has settled a little now, but still heavy! It was awful waking this morning and just knowing.. It was my 1st good sleep in weeks as i have a sinus infection which has kept me awake a lot.

Duvet & hot water bottle day for me today :)

:flower:

Maybe use maternity pads at night time? They are way longer than normal ones

My OH is currently at the supermarket looking for super absorbent towels, so will ring him and ask if they have some... Thanks hun, I hadn't thought of that x

They are similar to super ones just longer.... Nowhere near as chunky as I expected them to be!

He got me the night time always,.. if these dont work I'll try the maternity ones xx

Yeah he's a good boy (most of the time) ... xx

I use the nighttime always too...they seem to be working for me so far but I too was completely shocked at how heavy AF has been since stopping the pill! For the first time in 8 years I've had to wear a pad with my tampon at work! Being a teacher I don't always have the chance to run to the restroom when needed. It's such an adjustment! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->