Heels

Kirstin

Reaction score
GOing to a party tonight unless labour starts :lol: and wondering if its ok to wear heels when this late in pregnancy? I'll be just going from the car to the hotel, sitting down then hotel to car.

Whatever you feel comfortable in! I wore heels at 19 weeks for a night out & man how uncomfortable I was. :nope:

I stopped wearing heels from about week 25 I couldn't take the pressure. Don't know how the celebs pregnant women do it, cause their heels are always too high :lol:

As long as you are comfortable in them and you don't put too much strain on yourself.

I went out to a party the day before I went into labour and wore heels. My balance was all over the place though lol!

If you feel comfy doing so, do it :hugs: Maybe take a pair of flats if you can fit them in a bag and leave them in the car incase you need them? Obviously that's if your going/coming home in the same car :lol:

Yeah im sure that will be fine hun.I havnt wore high heels in weeks although I some times put my knee boots on.My heels were giving me back pain.xxx

I find wedges more comfortable than heels, you still get the appearance of a heel, but without the pressure, but I've slipped in to my heels a couple times and just found I had to rest more frequently - just don't take them off... your feet could swell and then you'll have a heck of a time getting them back on lol. good luck and enjoy your party!

I wore heels (about an inch and half at the MOST) for a day out in London and only had minimal walking (although a lot more than you'll be doing!) and my pelvis/groin was VERY unhappy!!!! It hurt really badly for about two weeks afterwards.

Haven't worn heels since.

There's a woman at my Yoga class who damaged her metatarsal from wearing heels.

But then there's a friend of my SIL who wore ridiculous heels throughout her pregnancy. NO problems whatsoever

:shrug:

Maybe take a flatter alternative to leave in a bag/car/cloakroom in case you start to feel fatigued/in pain?

Should be ok as long as you pose more than dance! I wore heels to my Christmas night out last week and got on ok, but remembering i'll have less of a bump than you will!

Stopped wearing heeled boots at about 25 weeks as it hurt my pelvis but wore my big heels for cmas 'do' last week and supprisingly was fine - hurt feet but nothing out of the ordinary and no pain the next day so I think as a one off it's fine and that it must be the constant walking in heels (like when I wore wedges for work) that pushes your pelvis forward and makes it ache.

I even danced in my heels for 15 mins !

I still wear heels just about every day... can't be helped, all my work pants are too long! :laugh2:
eta: I also don't think I suffer any more from it that I did before :)

Girl in work is 14/15 weeks, wore heels to Christmas do last Friday and has been off all week with sciatica (she was dancing tho)x

You're a brave lady.....I stopped wearing heels when I was about 20 weeks. Maybe even earlier! And I am a shoe-a-holic! xx

probably a bit late now but im normallyy a pro in heels, im a 6inch heel girl, went to a party last week and i couldnt hack my nice small 4inchers, just glad i brought flats in my bag. =). so if im not to late and you do wear heels slip sum flats into ur bag just incase xx

I've never been able to wear heels. It puts too much pressure on the ball of my foot. The few times I've tried the ball of my foot and my toes ache and have loss of feeling for days afterward. That's with less than 2 inches and wide open toes too, not very high or narrow at the toes. Good thing I'm not short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->