Hello again

Fidrildi

Reaction score
It hurts to be back again after BFP and all the hope it brought and then the crushing disapontment, sadness and anger of the loss. Here is my story. We have been trying since last November after talking about it for many years. On the 12 of september í got my BFP and we were as happy as can be. I did this big announcement to my DH with gifts telling him he was going to be the best dad. He bought many more hpt and we wached the second line show up together thinking of this miracle blessing that we had made and talked about the amazing future that we were creating. I had some spotting that turned into á bleeding. I talked to 4 midwifes and 1 doctor and none of them wanted do an early ultrasound even tho í really was begging. They all said that some bleeding was normal and told me to just do bedrest. Last saturday night i had the worst pain í have ever felt in the right site of my tummy. It turned out to be an ectopic rupture and lost my baby and my right tube. I had been painlessly bleeding for almost 2 weeks before the rupture. I really want to ttc again but i have to wait for 2 weeks to even have sex again and even long er to BD again. I fear that ttc is becoming an obsession for me. Im still hurting from the surgery and i know my system probably wont work correctly for a while but i just cant stop thinking about having a child. I feel like my body has betrayed me and im just so angry, frustrated and sad. I lost my baby. Part of me feels like i am betraying my baby by wanting to get pregnant again right away. The healthcare where i live is not in its best state althoug the staff that did the operation was wery kind Í feel like i am not geting enough information about my chances of sucsessful pregnancy after ectopic. Have any of you had á sucsessful pregnancy after ectopic rupture. How long did you have to wait to ttc again?

I'm so sorry for everything you have been through :hugs:
Thinking of you and wishing you all the best <3

I haven’t had an ectopic but I have had a blighted ovum. I also have endometriosis. I got pregnant right after my D&C and had a threatened miscarriage with my first son. He actually passed away as an infant and we have a 2.5yo boy now and are wanting to TTC. Don’t feel bad for wanting another! Any others you have will never replace your first one.

I haven’t had an ectopic but I have had a blighted ovum. I also have endometriosis. I got pregnant right after my D&C and had a threatened miscarriage with my first son. He actually passed away as an infant and we have a 2.5yo boy now and are wanting to TTC. Don’t feel bad for wanting another! Any others you have will never replace your first one.

Thank you <3 Im so sorry for your loss

I just had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. I wanted to say I’m so sorry. Mine wasn’t ectopic but I understand the feeling of guilt with wanting to ttc right away. I miss my baby too.

Hello, my story is very similar to yours - I found out on the 15th November that I was pregnant and going by dates I was about 6 weeks. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I was doubled over with the worst pain imaginable at my left hand side. No bleeding so I put off going to hospital. A few days later, I had a terrible bleed and went straight to hospital where they did a scan and told me it was an ectopic which had ruptured. I had been bleeding internally and they had to do emergency surgery to remove the baby and my left tube. I was devastated and really struggled. I became obsessed with having a baby and wanted to try again straight away, but thankfully my husband managed to convince me to take a bit of time and let my body deal with what had happened.
I spoke with my doctor who explained everything in great detail - your chances of conceiving are not reduced at all, your remaining tube moves from side to side each month to catch the egg and there's absolutely no reason why after your first proper period and once you feel ready that you can't start trying again.
We started trying again mid January and decided to follow the sperm meets egg plan. I tracked ovulation in February and that was the month we conceived. I got my BFP at the start of March and this little rainbow is due to arrive in 3 weeks! The consultants were quite surprised at how quickly I'd fallen pregnant again, but were happy that it had worked out for us.
Sorry for how long this post is, I just wanted to give you some positivity and hope because I know exactly how you feel. Look after yourself and if you have any questions, just ask xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->