Hello all! Totally new to this group & looking for any advice & support

Lynn817

Reaction score
Hello! I’m not sure at all how this message board/forum stuff works so please forgive me if I’m doing it wrong :) I also don’t know all the acronyms & lingo so please bear with me.

I know everyone is going to have their own unique experiences & back stories so I don’t expect to come here & find the exact answers for my own situation. However, in a sea (ie “the Internet”) of information, I am hoping for some guidance & reassurance that I’m not totally fighting a losing battle.

I am 41 & hace a 12 year old daughter. I was 100% ok with only one. And then I got divorced & remarried & my 2nd husband & I were both ALSO OK with not having children together. (He has 3 adult children & is 12 years older than I am.) Well then, one day last October he looked at me & said “I would be ok having a baby with you.” Cue my previously dormant ovaries/baby desire going from “meh” to “LET’S DO THIS!”

I went to my gyno, had my IUD removed & we got on the “whatever happens, happens” train. All I did was download a period teacher app & let the apps “likely ovulating” suggestion be our guiding light. My gyno suggested we start clomid from the start. We were stubborn.

Well, after 10 mos of nothing happening, we relented. I just did my 2nd round of clomid (1st round, I never saw “peak” w my ovulation testing but the sino saw 2 “good sized” follicles). The sono this time showed 2 “good sized” follicles - from the opposite ovary this time. Today was cycle day 31 (14 days after “peak” ovulation, per the ovulation kit) & I took a pregnancy test- BFN (that acronym I’ve learned).

So super bummed. My ovary reserve is low- gyno told me that from the start. Forget the measure or name, but I’m under 1.0. Hubby is 54, but had his count tested & he’s just fine. Of course.

I’ve read all the stats and webmd-type articles & I know 3 months is the standard # attempts to try before truly freaking out/moving on to more involved options. This 2nd time my gyno did also add estrogen patches.

Anyway, that’s my story. I’m hoping this resonates & is similar to someone who is residing this & that you can give me some insight & advice. I keep telling myself I will be ok with whatever God thinks is best. And I’m trying to hear that message - I really am. Heck, for the first 6-9 months of trying I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to see a positive. But now I know- I REALLY want to see that dang positive.

We have decided we won’t do anything passed clomid. Are we done & just refusing to see the proverbial writing on the wall? Any advice at all is MUCH appreciated. (I am exactly 41 years & 5 months old ... lol... in case that helps with the advice I am to receive).

Hi Lynn! I'm sorry I don't have advice/experience but I do want to pop in and wish you luck on your journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->