Hello All

hope2bemom75

Reaction score
I have been a member for a while but not very active.

So heres my story. I took BC for about 6 years. I got off and had no period for about 18 months. During this time I went to the doctor and he gave me provera to have periods so I had about 3. Then I tried clomkid about 3 times. Nothing came from it. Well about 6 months ago I tried maca and I got a period. I only took it for a few weeks. Since then I have a period that is not very regular. Sometimes when I get it it last for a month sometimes a few weeks. A lot of spotting in between so it is hard to tell when my period is here and when it is not. I am hoping that this is my body trying to get back to normal? Well I am going to start taking vitex and my hubby is taking a fertility drug to make his sperm more mobile. ( We have not done the test on him yet, getting to it) Well anyways.. has anyone been in my situation? If so what was the outcome. I am going to try my hardest to lose atleast 20 lbs to start with and eat better. I am trying to fully commit to this for 3 months with the vitex and see what happens. Fingers crossed. Does anyone know any good apps or websites that are calenders to track when we bd when im spotting.. Is temping good for me or no since in irregular? Also should I do opk test daily until i get a positive?

I haven't been in your situation, but we have been trying to conceive for 11 months now without success. I think you are taking really healthy steps that will definetly help your chances of conceiving. The first thing would be to get your periods to be more regular, which is connected to a healthy weight. So having the weight loss goal is great!!! You seem really committed so keep focused and have fun while your at it ;)

will you go see a doctor as well?

Hi. I did go see a doctor she was not much help. I think I will try another. How about you?

Fertility Friend is a great website for charting and tracking your cycle. I have not been in your situation, but I would think temping/charting would be good for you because it can show you if and when you are ovulating. Fertility Friend also offers a free charting course so you can learn all about your fertility signs and what you need to look for. Good luck!

Generally speaking if periods/ovulations are irregular due to weight it is because of estrogen dominance, and insulin resistance (doesn't need to be both). Weight change will help regulate things, especially if you focus on a high proteins/fats but very little carbs diet, and eat things as organically as possible. Lots of spotting over long periods of time suggest annovulation- and is usually not a 'period' per se but break through bleeding.

I am not sure about vitex, I have taken it, and it was just an approach that didn't work for me at all (sometimes I think herbs can throw us off significantly as well).

Temping is a great idea, even if it takes a long time for you to notice O, at least you will know that you are o'ing.

I had weight issues in the past, and essentially the estrogen promotion for extra fat acts like birth control. I dieted and dieted with weightloss, but no change to cycles. Eventually I went on a fast, and honestly it must have given my body a well needed break from all the diet related imbalances, I have strong ovulation every cycle now, a bit of variation, but much better than not ovulating at all!

I really think it comes down to accurate nutrition rather then just general weightloss, especially if you want to have long term benefits

Sorry for my big post, I am pretty passionate about it because it made such a big change!

What are you doing to confirm O at the moment?? Anyone else have any thoughts about the spotting being because anov?

Well right now for O i am going my discharge and taking opk test but they do not tend to work my doctor thinks I have PCOS. How long did u fast for?

I would def start tempting so at least then you will know for sure you are ovulating, kind save the hassle of getting doctors order the tests.

It is weird, I had all the symptoms of pcos, and doctor has suggested it, but after going extremely healthy all those symptoms went away, there is a lot of literature about extremely healthy diets reversing diabetes pcos etc. I think you should at least be happy that having a little extra weight might be the only problem.

I fasted for 10 days, but I don't exactly think that is necessary, I think it is more a case of giving the body a chance to rebalance. Even if you try eating nothing but veges white meat/fish, and low sugar fruits for a few weeks it might do the trick (obviously no butters or dairy). I know any sort of refined carbs mess with your hormones. White bread, pasta, rice and potatoes are the worst culprits. Sugar is really bad too. I think people underestimate the effects these foods have on hormones.

I think it is really hard for some people, it is my theory that if you don't eat a huge amount of food, but gain weight very easy it is because the individual is just highly sensitive to environmental/nutritional hormones, whereas some people are biologically more capable of dealing with those hormones. It really is so unfair!!

It may/may not work for you, I have access to all the medical journals through the uni I work for, and have spent a lot of time going through the research, I can dig some up for you if you like??

But yeah, I was pretty much dealing with the same things you are mentioning, and I am pretty much 'cured' now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->