Hello all!

ermm23a

Reaction score
My baby boy was born via emergency C-section at 33 +5 due to HELLP syndrome setting in. My placenta was pretty bad so he had stopped growing at 30 weeks. He was 3 lbs 10 oz at birth, but has been breathing on his own, and taking a bottle. We are hoping he will be home with us soon.

I'm completely unprepared for this, as I had no signs anything was wrong or any complications up until I went for my normal 33 week checkup and my doc admitted me to hospital that night, and I had him 24 hours later. We hadn't even taken our childcare class yet.

I'm nervous about bringing a preemie home, and scared about his development and everything. I just want him to be ok, and to have a normal childhood.

Hope to get some good advice here, and look forward to meeting other preemie moms! :thumbup:

hi hun
i think most of us here havent a clue what a antenatal class is :rofl: ;)

Congratulations on your lil man! Whats his name?

Please don't worry about development, enjoy your time with him, what will be will be. My first year was full of worries and i wish i had just chilled a bit and enjoyed her as a baby! :) If i knew what i knew now id never have got so worked up )

Hi
I had my little girl at 33 weeks 4 days weighing 5lb 4oz she was in S.C.B.U for 3 weeks then came home she is now 9 1/2 months old now and she now weighs 21lbs 6 oz
She is on solids sleeping through the night and is starting to sit then stand on her own
Dont take too much notice of the Health Visitors saying "go by their due date" i did and i was so worried all the time she is fine and in 9-12 month clothes
Enjoy your time with your little one it goes by so fast
I would love to give you as much advice as i can keep in touch xxx

OT but wow missyfemale your baby is a fab weight for everything thats happened!!!!

hahaha I know

To be honest I think the professionals got my dates wrong
When I had my 20 week scan it showed that the Umbillical Cord had an artery less than it should have which would explain her being small

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->