• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Hello and age question

MrsSLN

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I'm new on here...just signed up a second ago :)

Background: I'm 32, just married (April) to my lovely husband and we both want children - so I'm in the right place!

Problem is, hubbie is going through a difficult time at work both financially and stress wise so he doesn't want children quite yet. I completely understand and I suppose it's now we're married and with everyone asking when we're having babies I'm feeling a bit pressured. Not helped with news articles recently on 'older mums' and 'IVF funding' as who knows...I might need something like that.

Anyway, I came here to ask, if you don't mind...how old are you ladies who are trying or waiting to try?

Thanks in advance...

ignore me, I'm new and if I'd have looked more closely would have seen the over 35 thread...that will do me :) thanks, sorry for being a bit slow!

welcome aboard :) i will be (hopefully) trying when im 27 i really worry that im already too late with all this "mother mums" stuff :hug:

welcome aboard :) i will be (hopefully) trying when im 27 i really worry that im already too late with all this "mother mums" stuff :hug:

Oh, 27 is definitely not too late!

Oh, 27 is definitely not too late!

:hugs:thank you, it feels like it around here :haha: everyone i know are on baby number 2,3 or 4 :dohh: :haha:

Yes, I know what you mean. I always thought I'd be trying for my first when I was 25, but here I am now, almost 28 and I think this is the year! However, I am no longer in a rush, and know that we're waiting for a reason. As long as my body is healthy, waiting is only for the best.

I'm 31, married for three years and hoping to try for #1 in the next few months. I get panicked too when I hear all the older mother stuff on TV and that. We just havent been in the position to start trying before now.

I'm 32 and hoping to be trying for our first towards the end of this year. Although fertility decreases after the age of 30, it's only a slight decrease, and not something you should really be concerned about until 35, when there is a dramatic decrease in AVERAGE person's fertility...doesn't mean you will have problems though (just as just because you're 18 doesn't mean you won't have problems). I worry about my age, but more because I wanted my first when I wasn't too old, and want 2-3 (so I'll be approaching the age when I MAY have problems when I have my 2nd and 3rd). I always wanted my first when I was about 25 and have been desperate for a baby since about then, but I'm actually now happy I waited until I was a little bit older as I'm such a different person now (and with a different partner!), and have a different outloo on life...

Of course everyone has their own individual situations, and possibly reasons why they should get pregnant earlier (Odd_Socks, I know how important it is for you not to leave it, hun :hugs:)

thanks ladies, feel so much better after reading your comments :) x

I was 37 when I had my baby. Im now 38, and hoping to start ttc number 2 next month. Can anyone beat that? I feel ancient ha ha xx

I'm 25 (soon 26), and hopefully, we will be TTC around the time I turn 27 :)

Hiya! I am 27 and had my son when I was 26. We will hopefully have #2 when I am 28.

MrsSLN don't worry yourself yet. I had my baby girl aged 35 after just 6 weeks of TTC and as she is just 3 months old I'm WTT for a brother or sister for her.

The problem with research is it doesn't allow for individual differences x

I am 31 and will be 32 nearing 33 by the time we TTC for #1 I really worry about age too!

I wanted to have my 1st LO when I was 25 when I was with my ex and I am so pleased now that I didn't as I have grown up a lot and met my soul mate who I do want to have children with!

I have been broody forever it seems but I know one day it will be my turn

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"