Hello. Any advice?

aiko

Fab son & pregnant again!
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been ttc#2 now since last October so it's been 6 months. A couple of times I thought I'd got pregnant but it wasn't to be. On one of those occasions my period came on early and it really made me ill.

At first, I didn't think about it too hard. I fell pregnant with my son quite literally the first time we tried so I didn't envisage any problems this time. I never expected to reach the stage where I'd spend most of the month POAS or waking up through the night paranoid that I hadn't taken my temperature!

Since starting ttc again I've become much more aware of my cycle and it made me aware that I get stomach cramps, headaches and nausea most days. I've been to the dr who said that it probably wasn't gynaecological as I couldn't be certain it was cyclical, though I really feel it's all linked. She's lovely though and did a huge number of blood tests. She then called me back for a day 25 test (most of my cycles are 32 days) but of course last month it was 30 days so my nurse and I decided to split the difference and do the test on day 24. That was Tuesday.

I did some reading on progesterone and ttc, and I decided to chart my temperatures. I did this based on my initial reading and so have been doing it axillary. Now I think I'm doing that wrong but felt that I should see it through until my next period as I think it's a trend I'm looking for and not exact temperatures - is that right?

The only thing is, that my CM has been all over the place and my temp hasn't really spiked. I'm still getting headaches and nausea most days - some really bad and some just mild. I decided to try a B vitamin complex and bought some from Boots but having read your thread (the one that brought me to this site) I think I may not be taking enough. I was taking Berocca when I fell pregnant the first time and wondered about trying that again. What do you think?

I'm sorry, this wasn't meant to be so long but I haven't really had a chance to off load for 6 months - both my sisters and one of my friends have got pregnant since I started trying and I don't want to burst their bubble by being down in the dumps, especially because people think I should count my blessings that I have a son already.

Any advice on the steps I should take next? Although it's been 6 months, 2 of which I've peed on sticks (a total waste of time so far), I'm actually rather a novice to all this.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Hi Aiko

Firstly, tracking your temps is an excellent start. I wasnt very good at it, but basically check out fertilityfriend.com. you will have to pay, but it really is good to see what you are looking for. i am unsure when you were temping, but you have to temp in the morning before you get up.....Basically you get a drop right before you O and then a spike. That is your body gearing up and then releasing your egg. i would do that, along with an OPK just to make sure.

I would go see an obgyn for a full check up. you seem to be out of balance. maybe a blood work up will make sure your hormones are all ok and nothing is wrong. i am not sure if berrocca had enough folic acid. get your hands on a preg vitamin or maybe give spaminogro (not sure where you are) a try. its great for fertility......

Thanks.

I started using ovulations sticks last month. I used first response ones because they were on offer and came with free pregnancy tests. I ALWAYS get a positive or close to positive result with them. I ordered some cheap ones from the internet and started using them on day 9 through to day23 - no results. On a few occasions - on the days listed in the instructions - I used clearblue digital sticks given to me by my sister (who didn't need the whole box when she started trying, but I'm not jealous or anthing...) but they never gave me a positive result. I'm now on day 26.

I use a BBT thermometer in the morning axillary but think I'll change to orally next month. I've been taking seperate folic acid for 6 months now. I had steered away from a pregnancy multivitamin because my dr said I didn't need them but now I'm tempted... I had loads of tests done a month ago which all came back fine and now I'm waiting for the progesterone results.

I'll have a look at fertility friend but I don't have a lot of money. At the moment I'm tracking on an excel file. I'm not sure if I can show you that on here.

Lisa

ps, I live in Scotland.

Hi Aiko

Fertility Friend is free, which makes it even more excellent in my book!!

Seriously though, you only have to pay if you want the super-duper fortune telling version of FF, but the bog standard one which tracks and identifies your ov date using your temps and obervations is absolutely 100% free.

Thanks, I've been on and transferred my temps and I THINK you can see it here (but I'm not all that good at technical stuff). https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/265313

Lisa

hmmm, it could also mean you had an anovulatory cycle. this means you dont actually ovulate....... i wouldnt worry but if it keeps up go see your doc.

https://www.justmommies.com/articles/ovulationbbtchart.gif

This is a typical chart. does yours look like this?

Hi aiko
I had a look at your chart and at the moment it doesnt look like you have O'd, which is a good thing as it means you are still in with a chance this cycle, so make sure you :sex: at least every other day until :witch:
:dust:

checked it out. you may have a delayed ovulation.......

I agree I don't think you have yet ovulated. Definately keep charting in the way you have been so far to get to the end of this cycle - you may well find that you ovulate in the next few days and have a longer cycle. I chart orally so can't comment on any other ways. Make sure you are taking your waking temp at the same time everyday (apologies if you I am teaching you to suck eggs).

Again, I don't know much about progesterone tests but if you haven't yet ovulated then I presume they won't be entirely accurate since you had them done very recently. I am sure someone who has had them done can comment on that.

Have you had any positive OPK's this cycle?

FF is great but it does need a couple of cycles to work at it's best so don't get disheartened if it doesn't show any crosshairs etc - just keep charting and adding your bding and OPK's and any symptoms. I think FF struggles when you add in headaches so again add them but don't worry if that changes anything on FF.

You are right it is a trend you are looking for.

Don't get down about it. You are doing the right things but I think you need a full cycle and then maybe another to get to the bottom of things and then I bet it will just 'click' so to speak.

Lastly, I have also been taking the B vits as I only have a 9 day luteal phase (Grrr!). I add these in into the other meds bits so I can see if there are any changes. For what it's worth I wouldn't yet change any vitamins etc until you have a full cycle (I know it's hard) as that could be obscuring and changing things.

There are many, many expert charters, OPKers etc (much more expert than me) on here so ask if you have any questions and post again in a few days if you want opinions on your chart.

Stay positive, keep bding and keep talking to the ladies on BnB. They are all great. XX

Thanks Peardrop. That all makes sense. It's just frustrating waiting to ovulate. Still, it just means there's plenty of time to keep practising. Fingers crossed.

Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->