Hello Everyone!

EleanoirRigby

Reaction score
I'm brand new to this forum/website.
After trying another one (forum left unnamed), I found the users to be calloused, snarky and down right cruel to new moms/people who were just asking questions, so after I lurked a while here, I'm glad I can be a part of a positive forum.

My name is Erika, I'm 23 and my husband and I have a beautiful 4 and a half year old daughter. We had TTC for 3 and a half years with no luck and one MC. We finally gave up. About 3 weeks ago I felt like I had the flu and wanted to rule out being pregnant but the test showed up positive within 2 seconds!! :happydance: We're guesstimating our "miracle baby" due this fall and that I'm about 12 weeks along. We'll find out for sure tomorrow morning when we go in for our first ultrasound! It's been so long, it's as if I'm relearning everything all over again.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys & hopefully I'll be able to help when I'm able and learn more along the way!

Congrats! When will you go for a scan?

Awesome! Yes please do and with a pic too if you get some!

After trying another one (forum left unnamed), I found the users to be calloused, snarky and down right cruel to new moms/people who were just asking questions, so after I lurked a while here, I'm glad I can be a part of a positive forum.

My name is Erika, I'm 23 and my husband and I have a beautiful 4 and a half year old daughter. We had TTC for 3 and a half years with no luck and one MC. We finally gave up. About 3 weeks ago I felt like I had the flu and wanted to rule out being pregnant but the test showed up positive within 2 seconds!! :happydance: We're guesstimating our "miracle baby" due this fall and that I'm about 12 weeks along. We'll find out for sure tomorrow morning when we go in for our first ultrasound! It's been so long, it's as if I'm relearning everything all over again.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys & hopefully I'll be able to help when I'm able and learn more along the way!

I think I know which forum you speak of, sadly… :cry:
Welcome and congrats on your bun in the oven!
Happy and Healthy (remainder of) 9 months!
:baby:

Of course! I just can't wait to see our miracle baby & hear that heartbeat, I feel like then it will really feel real.

I didn't want to leave, but the constant cruelty made me unable to remain active :cry:

Thank you so much! :hugs:

Of course! I just can't wait to see our miracle baby & hear that heartbeat, I feel like then it will really feel real.

I didn't want to leave, but the constant cruelty made me unable to remain active :cry:

Thank you so much! :hugs:

Yes! I know what you mean, it definitely felt more real after that first time I got to see the baby/hear his/her hb!

I'm sorry you ladies had a bad experience on another forum! So sad that women can't just be more supportive of each other! We go through enough on our own as it is! I hope you feel welcome here :flower:

Welcome and it's so exciting I have a 5 year old and have been trying to conceive for 4 years and nothing then out of the blue got my BFP xxxxxxxx

Welcome! Pretty sure I also know what forum you were on - let me guess, does the same company also have a forum for weddings and one for homes?

I was on the wedding one for about two years and they made me feel so terrible about my wedding the whole time. When it was time to start the baby forum, I hopped over to their baby side. I opened one thread and immediately saw the same terrible, mean comments that I saw on the wedding side and decided 'Nope, not going to do this anymore.' So I went searching for another one, and found B&B! Took me a while to realize it was based in the UK, though.

Welcome! Pretty sure I also know what forum you were on - let me guess, does the same company also have a forum for weddings and one for homes?

I was on the wedding one for about two years and they made me feel so terrible about my wedding the whole time. When it was time to start the baby forum, I hopped over to their baby side. I opened one thread and immediately saw the same terrible, mean comments that I saw on the wedding side and decided 'Nope, not going to do this anymore.' So I went searching for another one, and found B&B! Took me a while to realize it was based in the UK, though.

Ok I had no idea it's based in the uk...duh maybe that's the reason for all th uk mommies on here! Lol I'm a ditz sometimes ;) I do love reading all the different terms they have for things though, the first time I saw someone call a pacifier a dummy, I was just confused "what's a dummy?" Haha, I love the little melting pot that babyandbump is!

Ok I had no idea it's based in the uk...duh maybe that's the reason for all th uk mommies on here! Lol I'm a ditz sometimes ;) I do love reading all the different terms they have for things though, the first time I saw someone call a pacifier a dummy, I was just confused "what's a dummy?" Haha, I love the little melting pot that babyandbump is!

Yeah, I remember when I first started seeing the word "broody" all the time here. I think in the US, or at least where I'm from, brooding refers more to being angry or sulking a lot. I was like "Man, these ladies are sure mad all the time."

^^^^ haha it just reminded me of hens laying eggs so I put 2 and 2 together ;)

We did go in, there was so much yesterday that I fell asleep as soon as I got home :lol:

We were all shocked (nurse and all) to find out I'm only 7 weeks, almost 8 weeks along. (Wednesday will be our new week; so tomorrow is 8 weeks!) Thinking I was further along than that I was crying as soon as we saw our miracle on the screen because I thought for sure it was a blighted ovum or that the baby had quit growing. The nurse was very kind and showed us that the baby is VERY healthy and growing just fine. Strong heartbeat of 153 and I was reassured that since everything looks perfect and since baby has such a strong heartbeat that the chances of a miscarriage have significantly dropped to a very low percentage. Our miracle child is due November 18th, 2015. I'm so happy I feel like I'm walking on sunshine knowing our sunshine is growing & perfectly healthy!

https://orig04.deviantart.net/5737/f/2015/097/0/5/10421137_453954324753924_5155123100264742453_n_by_eleanoirrigby-d8ot61d.jpg

Afterwards I had my blood tests and the medical history. I forgot how long that takes. I have my full exam with the doctor on Thursday. Hopefully I hear all good news on the blood exams/everything else :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->