Hello! Hoping to start ttc in Jan '09?

Schmelly

Regaining my life...
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Having been in the ttc section for a while, I've now decided to face reality and move myself into wtt. DH and I were ttc for 13 months, with one mc along the way, only to find out I had an underactive thyroid. I am now waiting for my thyroid levels to stabilise, next blood test towards the end of November (so results in early December).

I'm hoping (with everything crossed!) that levels will be ok, otherwise doc says I'll need to give it another 3 months on the new dose of thyroxine before they'll do another blood test. :hissy:

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi! Is there anyone else who's hoping to start ttc in January 09? What can we do to help us through the wait?

:hug:

Hi Schmelly :) Welcome into WTT. Sounds like you are an experienced ttc'er. I am officially (hopefully) planning to ttc in December so I am very likely to be ttc in January too! There is a thread called Nov/Dec trying where there are a few of us with the same plans. Best of luck to you, I bet you are counting down the days ;)

Hi Schmelly, I am also hoping to start ttc in January 09, it feels like it's forever away though but I just went off my bc and I am waiting for my AF to appear and for my cycles to become regular, so even though our reasons for waiting are different it is nice to know that others are waiting as well. OH would like to wait until Feb 09, he said valentines day for some reason but I doubt I can wait another month. I still have some convincing to do. So, welcome to BnB and lets hope January comes quickly!

Thanks for your reply, boylovesgirl. Another whole month can seem like an eternity, so keep going with persuading OH to get going in Jan!!! TBH I wish DH and I hadn't waited before ttc, because then maybe we'd have our little one by now.

Good luck...we'll have to keep each other sane in the wait!

:hug:

Good luck to you when you do start trying in January! The time will go by quickly, you'll see!. :hugs:

Hi there.

Me & my OH are planning to start trying in February 09. We'd planned to start earlier this year but I lost my job and we didn't think it was such a good idea. Hopefully we're all set for February, it seems like such a long time away!

My dh and I are going to try in Jan '09 as well. I thought we wouldn't be trying until later in the year and then my dh came home 2 weeks ago and said I can give up my pills when I feel ready. I had to wait until after December because I am not eligible FMLA leave here in the USA until I am employed at my job a year and I also wanted to wait b/c I am going on a trip and didn't want to be any more than 5 months pregnant. Even though you can fly up to 32 weeks.

It is still new to me so I am getting prepared by buying my prenatals, learning how to chart. I am buying taking charge of your fertility and I am also going to be pricing HPT's and OPK's. I also wanted one more holiday where I could drink before we TTC. Good luck to you and I will see you on the TTC boards in Jan!

Sandy

Sandy & KitKat...let's hope the time passes quickly (although I feel guilty for wishing my life away!).

Chris77...thanks for your kind wishes :hugs:

I keep telling myself it's only 2 months til I can try. Some days that feels like not long and other days it seems like ages. Is anyone here trying for #1 too? I am excited and scared and I just can't imagine being pregnant, giving birth and having a child to look after at the moment. It's a strange feeling. How do you all see it?

I am going to try OPK this week to see if I ovulate. I splashed out on the clearblue digi ones. Going to try for the first time starting this Thursday through to next Wed and see what happens........

Hi everyone, thanks for your warm welcomes and replies. Also welcome to our new jan/feb ttc ladies. Poshie, this will be our #1, also first time trying too. I too am excited and scared all at once, along with a few other emotions. Somedays it feels like my head is in such a whirl with all the thoughts and questions, which is why I am so thankful for a forum like this because I am sure that my OH would be tired of talking about it by now. He and I did find a way to pass some time on the weekend my talking about how we would tell his parents, my parents and our other family and friends when it actually does happen and to my surprise he had actually thought about it! and had his own ideas! It was a nice thing to know that he was thinking about it too. Just thinking of ways to pass the time till January. Also did I read somewhere that you quit smoking recently? If so, CONGRATS!

Hi there boyloves girl, thanks for your reply  As you say, it’s nice to have other people in a similar situation to you who can empathise with what you are feeling. There’s only so much our poor DH’s can take after all.

Yes you are correct, I did indeed give up smoking on 1 September. It’s one of those things I’ve wanted to do for a while but not really had the motivation. However, when the subject of ttc came up this summer, I decided that would be as good a reason as any to stop. I only smoked around 4-5 a day so I wasn’t a heavy smoker. Even so, it wasn’t easy, as I was in a routine and looked forward to a cig at certain times of the day. It took about 2 weeks to get out of that routine. I would be lieing if I said I never think about it anymore because I do. My DH hasn’t quite been able to give up yet (he wants to and is trying but finds it even harder). The desire though is fading with each day. I treat myself to the odd glass of wine to relax, probably around 2-3 glasses a week. I’ll give that up too when I fall pregnant (fingers crossed).

It is comforting to know I’m not the only one with mixed feelings about all this. I’ve never really had a strong maternal urge, unlike some, but I always thought I would have children. At 32 years old, I feel I’ve reached a point where I need to do it now or never and I don’t want to regret not having them. Our lives have been eventful and busy and I think now is as good a time as any (knowing there will never be a ‘perfect time’). My attitude is once I’m pregnant, I’ll just have to get on with it!

So maybe we can share part of the journey together which will be nice, along with a few others on here. Roll on end of year, beginning of next! 

welcome and i'm sorry you suffered a MC. Good luck with the blood test results. Fingers crossed you get your BFP first month trying in jan.
h x

I will be starting to ttc in January as well!

Good luck!

Poshie...I know what you mean when you say 2 months feels like forever! Yes, we're ttc #1 too, and I'm feeling a bit sad today as the baby I mc'd was due today :cry: Instead I just have an empty belly and have had to stop ttc...but I'm clinging onto that PMA with all my might!

Sassy...welcome!

boylovesgirl...my DH doesn't quite get the female emotions that go with ttc, even though he really wants a kid too. That's why I'm here!

:hug: to all x

Sassy, Welcome to BnB and good luck with ttc in Jan.

Schmelly, I am sorry for your loss, you seem like you are a strong woman and can get through anything.

Poshie, again congrats on quitting smoking, I know that it is hard and you will still think about it from time to time, I quit 11 months ago and still think about it sometimes, my OH and I quit at the same time and he too had a tough time with giving it up, he found it especially hard in social situations where all of his friends were smoking, so for him we found these herbal cigarettes and they have no tabacco and no nicotine, they don't taste very good but they are non addictive and they get him through the rough times, something like that may work for your OH.

Okay ladies, I have a question about Folic acid and I was wondering if you all had any thoughts, I am currently taking a mulit vitamin with 0.4 folic acid in it, which from all of the reading I have done seems to be enough, I was wondering if I also took another folic acid supplement as well if that would be too much? I have read that it can be, then a friend told me that your body just gets rid of what you don't need. The reason I would like to take more is because I was told that my mom had spinal bifida but I am unsure of if she did or not. So in short, is there such a thing as too much folic acid?

I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs: Good luck with everything in the future. I hope it all works out for you. :hugs:

Boylovesgirl. On the folic acid issue, I think it's the case that doctors advise you take more folic acid anyway if you have such a condition as spina bifida in the family. I'm sure I've read somewhere on the internet about doses and things. I know 400mg is the 'normal' recommended daily amount and that increases if you are at an increased risk. I'm sure there are no side effects with taking an increased dose of folic acid (within reason of course). Intrestingly some research showed an increase in the incidence of twins if you take folic acid.

I don't think I've heard of those herbal cigarettes. Do you buy those over the counter like normal cigs? Where abouts do you live btw?

Poshie...I've seen those herbal ciggies in a health food shop before. I considered them when I gave up smoking a few years back, but didn't try them in the end. I think it's helped me not to crave smoking any more now that there's a smoking ban in pubs/restaurants, because it was those occasions when I really missed my B&H!!! I still have smoking 'dreams' and wake up craving, but a few weeks ago I had my first dream when I didn't enjoy the cigarette......Good luck, anyway! Stay strong, I know it's not easy :hissy:

boylovesgirl...I think I might have read somewhere that if there's a history of Spina Bifida then you should take the folic acid for longer, but I can't remember exactly. :hug:

Thanks for that info on the herbals Schmelly. I won't be trying them, I prefer the cold turkey route! I could suggest to my DH though.

So if you don't mind my asking, how old are you? You may have read in a previous post that I am 32 and ttc #1from Dec.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->