Hello. I think Im in here. But can anyone help me with something?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by HippyMumma23, Dec 25, 2009.

1. HippyMumma23

HippyMumma23 Well-Known Member

I took a test tonight, Im not due on for 5-6 days, so very early days. It was a positive that came up in a minute on a FRER but the there was 2 positive lines.

So I took another one 20-30 mins later and again a nice pink line came up within a minute. But the second positive disappeared about 45 minutes later.

Im pretty sure I am actually due in this forum, I will try and get another test tomorrow if anythings open, but until then can anyone shed any light on my unusual tests?

(If anyone would like to see the tests they are in the preg test gallery, 1st test at the start and the second test is posted a bit further down on the 1st page).

Thank you. x

2. HippyMumma23

Im not sure how clear I was then. To reiterate

1st test= positive, but came up with control line and two positive lines. lol

2nd test= positive line but vanished after 45 mins.

3. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

I would wait another couple of days and then test with FMU sweetie x

4. Guppy051708

Guppy051708 2 by Sea 2 by Land

I would retest in the morning.
    I think you may have just had a freaky coincidental event happen with those HPTs. The first positive sounds like it may have been a dysfunctional test. As for the second test, im not sure. I have read that positive results can disappear within a certain time frame. Just retest in the morning :thumbup: In my opinion its not likely that you would get 2positives and not be preggo.

5. Pretty Sakura

Pretty Sakura Well-Known Member

You said in your test gallery that you are 6- 7 dpo. i also saw all the tests and did not see any lines. Not trying to harsh but I"m trying to explain that your body does not start implanting normally until day 7-10. A few have had it at day 5 like ME. Even then your body takes a week for the implantation process to finish. During that your body releases hcg. I at implanting on 5 dpo BARELY got a pos. at 9 dpo!! So it is still WAY too early to be testing. I'd hold out until your test day to avoid any unnecessary stress of testing too early and receiving bfns. Fx for you!

6. Guppy051708

just saw your pics (but looked after posting my last reply). I didnt realize that you were only 6-7DPOs. And after looking at them, i just dont see the positive. Im sorry hunni. :hugs: I know thats probably not what you're looking to be hearing, and maybe the quality of the pic isn't great and there really is something, but i just dont see it. 6-7DPOs is far too early to be testing. Even i had an implantation dip on my BBT chart at 6DPOs last time and i couldn't get a positive until 10 DPOs. The average implantation occurs between 6-10 days (could happen earlier or later, but MAYBE by a day, but not more). You def. would not be getting positives that early. It takes about 48 hours for hCG to double, so even if you had implantation at the earliest- 5DPOs- i can't see getting a positive already. I would test in about 5 days. Good luck sweetie. I hope you get your BFP! :dust:

7. Guppy051708

Hippy, is possible that you are further in your cycle than you thought? That could possibly explain it, but if not it wouldn't. Are you charting?

8. Jake_1

Jake_1 1 boy & 1 Girl - Perfect!

If you go to peeonastick.com they explain about disappearing positives and how that means they are actually negatives. I couldn't see lines on you pics in the preg test gallery, but in saying that I know sometimes it is really hard to get a good pic of an early and very faint bfp.
    I would say that at this stage there is no way to tell either way. You will have to wait a day or two and retest. Good Luck!

9. HippyMumma23

Thank you very much for your replies. I have wondered all cycle whether I ovulated early, for several reasons. I do believe that these tests were unfortunatly duds though.

Maybe next month for me.

Thanks again for your replies. xxxx

10. Guppy051708

you could always test in a couple of days though :hugs:
    Even if those were duds, it doesn't mean you're not preggers!
    Unless AF has arrived, i would def, be testing in a couple of days :thumbup:

11. HippyMumma23

I will be, I'll test when I get back from my mum's (here for christmas).

All the best of luck with your pregnancy, thanks for you reply, merry christmas and I hope, hope, hope to be seeing you in this forum (for real this time, no dud tests!) soon. xxxx

12. Pretty Sakura

Pretty Sakura Well-Known Member

Good luck on your testing!!:winkwink: