hello I'm new....

justme7

Reaction score
I have been bouncing around the internet and lurking on a few of these websites but you guys seem pretty open to this. I understand if anyone A gets offended or B this thread gets deleted if anyone could refer me to a site that would help me better it would be great appreciated.
OK so here goes I was on Depo 2 shots-last shot Aug 10 AF still hasn't regulated itself. Had unprotected sex on Jan. 15th took Plan B about 36 hours later. I have tested today BFN, I am going to the OB tomorrow, first time ever having an apt like this never suspected pg before or anything. Basically I am looking to see what I am in store for tomorrow I for sure what blood taken and HCG tested but is it to soon for that? I'd only be 12 days at that point. Any input would be great you all seem so nice & good luck to everyone!:happydance:

Hiya,

Was August your last depo shot hon?

Depo is notorious for affecting conception for quite some time after the last shot (I'm not even ovulating 8 months after coming off it!).

Add that to the fact that you took plan B and I'd say the chances are very very low indeed.

Depo can mess with your cycles for a long time after coming off it. Some ladies don't get a period at all for a year, some get a couple and then they disappear for months, some get really mixed up cycles. I'd put money on your late period being caused by a mix of the depo and plan B mixing up your hormones

Are you wanting to be pregnant? I'm guessing not because you took plan B but please correct me if I am wrong.

I was certainly not planning it but I will openly accept it if I am. I am mostly curious if the HCG will even show up this early? Like I said I have never been through this first time I have suspected pg or anything so am just super nervous about the apt tomorrow. I know Depo messes with your system for sure after reading the depo thread if I am negative I'm not going back on Depo I will certainly find an alternative, to many side effects.

HCG should for sure show in a blood test at this stage - there are exceptions of course but generally, a blood test would tell you now.

yes you would most likely have hcg in your blood at 12dpo though there is still a small chance that it wouldn't be picked up yet... Babies aren't an exact science! If you ever have to TTC you will learn all of the joys of it! Sigh.

well went for my apt. was super nervous doc. said "i highly doubt your pg" doesn't mean that I'm not. did a urine test came back "almost negative" she said she didn't let it go long enough to check & 12 dpo to early to check for sure anyways. did a physical exam which I would like to never go through again very painful said "i didn't fee' pg" but sent me for blood test jic i find out today aka sat or monday YIKES!!! wait game.....

i feel like you secretly wanna be pregnant. you have different excuses to why you might not (ie: "too early to check for sure anyways") that being said, I HIGHLY doubt your pregnant. you prolly didn't even ovulate yet at that point + you took Plan B. Plan B brings on your period and pretty much goes overload to do it. so I don't think you need to worry, you can breathe calmly now. :)

secretly I would not have been that upset if I was pregnant but got my call today with the blood test results said they were negative. I just still feel strange & there's things that I've never felt before but wonder if I just over think them in my head but on the other hand I know my body and something just feels off, she's putting me on the pill if it doesn't jump start my period then she wants me to re-test, so we will wait and see until then I have some home tests I will keep doing JIC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->