Hello, new here. ttc w/ fertility issues

riverpond

Reaction score
So... my husband and I are ttc. Both of us have issues that could interfere with fertility so while I am hopeful, I won't be holding my breath. It breaks my heart... he wants another so badly and I would love to have my rainbow.
Hubby has varicocele and it's pretty bad. He will need surgery. Did at home male fertility test. Faint positive result. But not sure how reliable they are.
Now with me.... Had implanon inserted Jan 2011 and removed Dec 2014. So late. Periods few and far between last 2 years. Have only had like 3/4 periods since removal. Last period was Oct 29th and it was the first in about 3/4months.
I was diagnosed this year with insulin resistance syndrome and have high testosterone. Figured finally getting the T levels lowered because period was coming back so hubby and I started trying again.
My body has been so crazy out of whack I don't know what's normal anymore. :(
I'm not even sure I have ovulated at all yet.... did not really have discharge that indicated it.
Scares me tbh. I'm worried I just can't have another.

Oh, I also tried charting my basal temp and it was all over the place....

so period was oct 29-nov 2
pink pad said fertility window was nov 7-13 with the 12th supposed to be ovulation day.
anyway....my temps :
Nov 11- 96.41 F
nov 12- forgot
nov 13- 96.77
Nov 14- 97.59
nov 15- forgot
nov 16- 97.02
Nov 17- 96.21
Nov 18- forgot
Nov 19- 97.41
and then I got frustrated and gave up. Frustrated at the bouncing temps and that I kept forgetting. Early mornings of getting kiddos to school.....

so according to pink pad, next cycle was supposed to begin Nov 26....... here we are at Dec 5 and no period but negative tests.

With your high testosterone and insulin resistance it is possible you have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). This can also cause you to not ovulate and it will also cause rocky temps (even if you do ovulate). Check out mine to see as I have PCOS and insulin resistance.

I highly recommend getting the app Fertility Friend. Yes, temping is hard and can totally suck but once you do it long term there does show a pattern, even with rocky temps. My cover line is almost always 36.4 Celsius. You need to figure out a time that works for you to wake up and temp. Before everyone has to get up. Even if it's 10 min prior. All you have to do is wake up, grab the thermometer and stick it in your mouth. Grab your phone, go to the bathroom for your morning pee and record your temp. Or record it in a notebook and put it in the app later. You also need to start on CD1. You need to have at least a week before suspected ovulation so you can be sure you are seeing a temp spike.

it really is the best way to see if you have ovulated. I also suggest going for a day 21 progesterone test. This will also verify ovulation. Most start on CD21 until ovulation day is known. It's supposed to be done 7DPO but docs put it at cd21 because they all assume a 28 day cycle and ovulation on cd14. it's also a good starting point.

You may want to talk to your doc about using provera to induce a cycle. I need that sometimes due to my PCOS.

If you find out you are not ovulating I highly recommend getting the drug Letrozole (aka Femara). It is much better than clomid, has little side effects and doesn't affect the uterine lining like clomid does. (it also has a much less chance of multiples).

You will love this site, btw. Ask any questions.

I've actually been tested for PCOS and was told I did not have it.
I will def talk to my DR about those medicines and actually I'b be fine with multiples lol
Thank you for your reply :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->