Hello New Mummies - Where did you buy your nursery?

Louisa K

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im having a look about for nursery furniture, trying to get a good package price etc and I have a few questions for you....

Where did you purchase your nursery furniture?

Are you happy with it?

Do I need a wardrobe and a chest of drawers?

Do you use the changer on top of the chest of drawers?

Should I get under cot drawer for extra storage?

Should I get a cotbed?

The babies room isn't huge and I've noticed how big some nursery furniture is, esp the cotbeds, they're huge!!

I've found a few good deals on room sets, but I dunno if I'll fit both a wardrobe and chest of drawers in the room.

I seem to keep looking at the same places so I'd be interested to find out where you all brought your stuff from, for ideas etc...

Im in the UK btw..

Cheers mummies !!

Sadly Kiddicare have given one of members alot of hassle returning a faulty pram - 2 months no buggy to be exact!

I bought a mamas and papas swing its broke - I didnt have problems returning it (i hope as replacement due moro) but not impressed of the recent look on Kiddicare.

I have a graco unit - its a deluke travel cot the matress is very comfy unlike cheaper versions of a travel cot and has a lullaby, vibrating feature with it along with a nappy holder, wipes holder, 2 other convenient holders (talc nappy cream nappy bags and anti bacterial gel in our) and of course a changing mat holder. We use it 9/10 times ... we however did buy a seperate wee mat and put that on the Graco one instead.
https://washford.scene7.com/is/image/Washford/400-544965?$prod$

Drawers wise we have a chest of drawers wooden frame canvas drawers - it has 12 drawers good sizes and we have diff types of clothes in each drawer - love it like that! Above that she has a wardrobe not much in it tbh at the moment but it is handy because inside I have one of those folder down clothes holders to put blankets, coats, grobags in etc
https://direct.tesco.com/pi/Product/2/SS07200-2572TPS131409.jpg

Space saving wise I have pop up baskets too - for example I use one to store the bulk buys of nappies & wipes in!

The drawers and theres one of those pop up baskets in this pic:
https://www.babyandbump.com/imagehosting/thum_44724e091c4196.jpg

Oooh I like the idea of having lots of drawers to seperate different items of clothing in, thats a good idea..

Love the Graco unit, that looks really handy..

Yeah wobbles I read your other post about kiddicare and thats totally put me off buying anything from there !! That must of been broken when it was put in the box, must of been so annoying to get it out to use it and find its damaged.. Did you manage to get through to them ??

I did Louise :D The guy was spot on with me and has a replacement coming out tomorrow via courier who will collect the broken one at the same time x

I bought a cot bed for convenience as they last up until 5 years approx but didnt bother with the storage drawer. However I wish I had now just for the sake of blankets etc. We bought this frrom mothercare as then we can garuntee in a few years time the bed guards will fit with it being slats they all vary.

We also have a double door wardrobe with a drawer at the bottom which is handy for storage.

Also coming I have a chest of drawers, which are on order and taking forever but its not a problem at the moment as the wardrobe stores everything we have at the moment but I havent bothered with Changing top for the drawers

Plus the nursery wont really be used much for the first 3-4 months as we are going to have bubs in the moses basket in our room at first.

I have a travel Cot almost identical to Wobbles. I thought its features were great. It also plays music and has its own night light.

However... Since bubs is reluctant to come out I havent used any of it yet :(

Any ways, I bought from Mothercare but its fairly pricey, if i was to do it again i'd possibly shop around alot more. x

I did Louise :D The guy was spot on with me and has a replacement coming out tomorrow via courier who will collect the broken one at the same time x

Oh thats good news wobbles.. Im glad you got it sorted.. x

Thanks babybean, I found that really helpful.. I need to go and have a look around the shops soon..

I'm an online shopper - bargains and discounts when I can :D

Yeah I think I'll actually purchase online, but I like to go and have a look at things in the flesh first, I like to touch things, im a bit wierd like that..

https://direct.tesco.com/pi/Enlarge/7/SS07901-0087TPS144407.jpg

Quite like this set actually..

£395 and you get the cotbed, wardrobe, changer, under drawer for storage and the mattress too.. Thought it was a goo deal, might just use either the drawers or the wardrobe and either sell or keep the other thing in the loft for later..

What do you think peoples??

Bonus is, its from Tesco and I can get some Tesco points :happydance: how sad am i lol

I have that cotbed for Jack, its lovely
Didn't get the set from Tesco though just the bed from Ebay £65

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back