Hello

K477uk

Mum of One!
Reaction score
:hi:

I am a natural parent to be.. hopefully not to much longer! I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and decided that I should probably say hi!! But I also have a few questions....

I've bought some motherease one size nappies - spent a lot of time researching and reading reviews and these seemed to be the best for my needs - but was wondering if anyone else uses them and what experiences they have? I plan on buying some more nappies as well as more wraps - don't have too many as didn't want too many small ones that wouldn't fit or larger ones that wouldn't if LO was tiny!!

So far I am undecided whether to buy a sling or not... what are the advantages other then being able to have your hands free to do things? Are there any disadvantages?

I also have an allotment - which I love!! Am keeping it as organic as I can - so far so good!! And have enjoyed a good crop of peas!!

Anyway.. thanks in advance for your help! :kiss:

Hi Hun! :wave:

Hope all is going well with your pregnancy!

I personally love using my carrier but I haven't always used one so often...I wished I had tried different types earlier on! I like using mine for short trips and walks but if I'm going out for the day I tend to use my pushchair....although I'd like to use my carrier more (I have a BabyHawk). I have used a few differnt ones before this.

I can't help on the nappies front as I haven't tried the Motherease but I'm sure some other girls can help!

I would try a few differnt types of nappy such as AIO's (All in Ones), Pockets etc (possibly try and buy them in BTP (birth to potty) so they will fit whether your baby is smaller or bigger, however, I know some will be too big for a newborn (I'm not the best person to help with that as I didn't start using cloth til quite recently).

Good Luck with everything....fire the questions at us and we'll help as much as we can!

xxx

Hi
I'm a cloth bum to be as well. currently 30 weeks Pregnant.
I have some:
motherease one size (BTP)
fuzzi bunz (Sized)
wonderroos (BTP)
tots bots (sized)
bamboozles (sized)
a Fluffle (Sized)
a Diddy Diaper (sized)
coolababy (BTP)
bumbles (BTP)
eco bumbles (BTP)
mothersease sandys (sized)
Happy Heiny (BTP)
nature babies pockets (sized)
and a few custom nappies (sized)

admittedly we headed for the motherease ones first but there are so many types out there they don't all fit our lo's the same and each cloth user has different preferences too. I prefer one type whereas hubby prefers another!!

I decided to keep an open mind so instead of buying new i brought preloved, so i can try few of loads of types and re-sell those i'm not keen one.

out of my current stash of 44 (sold 10 recently) only 16 of them are brand new and un-used. my total stash cost me less than £220! which includes additional wraps, and boosters.

Welcome!

I haven't personally used the Mother Ease OS so no experience but from what I've heard some people LOVE them..some not so much, but it's like that with every diaper really...gotta find what works for you. I think for the beginning though I'd get some more sized diapers..OS are gonna be pretty big on a newborn up to a couple months old probably. Even just some prefolds would be good :)

As for a carrier...no downfalls..unless you get one that isn't comfy for you. I think for a newborn I'd get a ring sling, but I do love my mei tai (babyhawk) you can use it from birth but some babies aren't as comfy, they want to lay down. So if I were buying for a newborn I'd get either a ring sling or wrap for the beginning then another babyhawk after a couple of months. Babywearing has so many benefits though, on top of you having your hands free. If you learn to nurse in one, if you plan to nurse, that will be really helpful because they go through spurts of seemingly nursing all the time so you can still get stuff done. Also it's shown that babies that are worn cry less :) Always a nice thing haha. Some babies want to be held all the time, or are just having fussy days so it's nice to be able to put them in there and get your chores done around the house, go for a walk whatever.

Here is some more about babywearing if your interested...benefits and such
https://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/T051100.asp#T051103

Hellloooooo :flower:

Kathryn. Have you been on this website https://www.clothnappytree.com/

i've got some motherease to try, but i've also purchased a lot of preloved fitted, all in ones, all in twos, pockets, wraps etc from this site that i can try out. I figured by trying a broad range of types and makes I will find a few that fit well and suite the boy child when he arrives.

I have just brought a second hand moby wrap to try too. xx

Hi and welcome. Congrats on your pregnancy and hope all is well. I personally love using wraps for when baby is young and slings for when they are older. It does free up your hands and you can keep baby close. I like Moby Wraps, Gypsey Mama wraps and Hug a bub wraps. For slings and pouches the New Native, Munchkin Jellybean, Peanut Shell and Maya sling are nice. I personally think its worth it.

:hi:

I am a natural parent to be.. hopefully not to much longer! I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and decided that I should probably say hi!! But I also have a few questions....

I've bought some motherease one size nappies - spent a lot of time researching and reading reviews and these seemed to be the best for my needs - but was wondering if anyone else uses them and what experiences they have? I plan on buying some more nappies as well as more wraps - don't have too many as didn't want too many small ones that wouldn't fit or larger ones that wouldn't if LO was tiny!!

So far I am undecided whether to buy a sling or not... what are the advantages other then being able to have your hands free to do things? Are there any disadvantages?

I also have an allotment - which I love!! Am keeping it as organic as I can - so far so good!! And have enjoyed a good crop of peas!!

Anyway.. thanks in advance for your help! :kiss:

I've been using the Mother-ease Sandy diapers for a while now and I do love them. They keep him dry and comfy. They are easy to use and well, are just plan nice.

I am thinking of trying a new diaper now that he is outgrowing his current Mother-ease partly because I would like to slim down my diaper bag and now that he's on solids our needs have changed. I am looking at a All-In-2 but I sure don't regret using the Mother-ease while he was 100% breastfed. They are super diapers.

I LOVE my sling. I fell in love with it because Edward was so big when he was born and I have trouble carrying him for any length of time. It helps me for short trips into the stores, carrying him to my mom's apartment, I've even used it for breastfeeding him to give him support without all his weight on my hands. I also can lay him down for a nap while out and about which is very nice.

I find that the ring sling is hard on my back for any longer carries so I use a Mai Tai for those. I would also recommend a wrap, I havent' tried one personally, but those in the know love them (but they can take a bit to get the hang of).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->