Hello!!

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
Long time no see! Some of you might remember me as we planned a home water birth with Missy...who, somehow, is now 3 and a half months old :wacko:....

I really can't remember coming back here to update what happened but the long and short of it was my waters broke at 12.30am on the Wednesday and we laboured at home and in the pool for more than 20 hours before transferring to hospital, this was our decision, and eventually delivered IJP at 3am on the Friday!

It was an awesome experience though and everything we had done to prepare, the Hypnobirthing etc, really helped, even up to the very end in hospital and more importantly than anything, our daughter arrived safe, well & happy.

We are NTNP again now and will be planning another home water birth and maybe this time, baby won't be so stuborn and will come out a little bit quicker!

I just wanted to say to all of you about to embark on it, enjoy, the memories of being in the pool and looking out to our garden on that gorgeous August day are some of the best that I have, and I imagine will have, for life :cloud9:

xxx

https://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo300/Paula1b/64077_436270766388_623346388_5742078_7190103_n.jpg

Congratulations Pops! Absolutely love your photo!! xxx

Congrats Pops!! So glad to hear that even though it didn't go to "plan" you still felt in control of everything :) Were you able to keep up the natural methods in the hospital as well? Or was she super stubborn?

Thank you :cloud9:

Lise, whenever I look at it I think of you and get all emotional :cloud9: It was lovely to feel like even a wee bit of you was with me :cloud9:

Jenni, we kept it up for a good while in the hospital but eventually we had an epidural as I was absolutely shattered and we thought it would let me rest up but it didn't work for me! Had another and the same so we kept using them right up until the very end when we had to have a spinal block as she was coming out and turned her head, tilted her chin and got stuck :dohh:

xxx

:wave: Congrats! The pic is awesome. I wish I could have a nice view from the pool, maybe I should put it IN the garden!

Oh, best of luck on NTNP. I hope that'll be me come summertime! I'll be planning a homebirth again and want to try water this time. Fingers crossed you get a quicker baby and I get one that doesn't think it's a good idea to do tonnes of poo in me! hehe I saw the pic on a certain lady's doula site :winkwink: , but I didn't realise it was you! Gorgeous!

Yes I featured Pops sweet little ass on my wesbite! I was hardly about to debut my own! :rofl:

x

Yes I featured Pops sweet little ass on my wesbite! I was hardly about to debut my own! :rofl:

x

:haha: I know what you mean! There's a picture of me bouncing away on my ball (once in hospital), zoned out in my own little world, TENS machine in hand. And it's not going anywhere near public view! But lucky for Pops, she's got a beautiful, natural, birthing mama thing going on!

This was my only labour picture with Hebe.....in the Birth Centre.....applying some make up.....:doh:

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/moogsmum/hebesofar003-1.jpg

x

:haha: I know what you mean! There's a picture of me bouncing away on my ball (once in hospital), zoned out in my own little world, TENS machine in hand. And it's not going anywhere near public view! But lucky for Pops, she's got a beautiful, natural, birthing mama thing going on!

I'll show anyone who wants to see my ass in that photo!! We LOVE it!! Boyo wants it on canvas in our room but I'm not too sure on that!!

:rofl: Love that you are putting your slap on Lise! I looked like a sack of something unpleasant!!

xxx

Pops, it's seriously artistic and awesome enough to go on canvas! Do it! :thumbup:

Pops, it's seriously artistic and awesome enough to go on canvas! Do it! :thumbup:

I agree! At first glance you don't realize what it is, just really gorgeous shapes and shading. I think that's what makes a really good photo.

When do they announce the winners of the Good Birth comp? x

I dont even know what the prize is!! Who cares!!! I LOVE the picture! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back