Hello :)

krys

Madi's Mommy
Reaction score
I'm popping over from teen pregnancy, I hope you guys don't mind! :flower: I know some of you already, but for those of you that I don't know, my name is Krystal. I'm 19 and 32+2 with a little girl, Madison. Anyway, I just have one question for you ladies...

Any advice for a mom to be? Something maybe you had to find out the hard way, or you wish someone would have told you?

Thanks! Looking forward to moving over here soon!

Be as calm as possible lol
i went to my appt in labor and then had my daughter and i was so uncalm and nervous they had to put me on oxygen.

Hi :wave:
I'm abi, with a 7 month old named Harley:)

Welcome! look forward to see you over here soon.

I wish someone told me how much pain I'd be in after giving birth, obviously I knew it wouldn't be plesant but I never imagined it to be like it was.. So stock up on the witch Hazel goodluck :flower:

Hey. I'm Cari, 21 and my baby girl Arianna is almost 8 months.

Being a mother came pretty natural to me and I think what helped me best was going in knowing that it won't be easy and you have to dedicate ALL your time to your LO, especially when they are brand new and helpless. Being a mother is the best thing ever though, its so rewarding and amazing to watch your LO grow from a helpless newborn to where Arianna is now, crawling around, starting to have likes/dislikes, etc. One thing I will tell you that I have learned first hand, DO NOT buy tons of clothes, lol, its really easy to buy loads especially when you have a baby girl, but you will be amazed at the amount of stuff she has either never worn or worn only once or twice. I have two garbage bags FULL of clothes that are too small now and still brand new because Arianna barely wore any at all, lol.

Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with labor/delivery when that comes (also an amazing thing, I would go through labor again in a heartbeat :)).

Thank you all!!
What is witch hazel?
Also, I haven't bought any clothes, but that's basically ALL I got at my baby shower!! I have SO many, her closet is full. I hardly got any necessities. I guess people just like shopping for little girls.

About how many diapers did/do you go through in a day?

Have no set plans, be prepared for anything, LO may not like sleeping in a moses basket/breastfeeding may no work out etc.

If someone offers you a break, accept it, and don't use it to tidy, use it to sleep! The first few weeks of your babies life and the most stressfull, they aren't in a routine, and although they sleep alot, they feed alot, there's endless nappy changes/bottle making/viitors to see.

Have a jug handy for after birth, I used to fill it up and pour it over my bits a I had a wee as it stings without for a while. Stock up on materntiy & breast pads - even if you aren't breastfeeding.

A packet of 48 nappies/diapers will last us about a week.
I don't think you know exhaustion until you've had a baby :haha:
Can't comment on labour because I didn't labour..

As a brand new baby I'd say anywhere from 7-10 diapers a day. Be warned that they do sometimes pee/poo while you change them :haha:

Welcome! I'm Rachel with a 6 month old baby boy, his name is Jaxon. :flower:

Hmm, some things I wish someone would of told me is that you totally lose your social life, if you're breastfeeding it hurts SO bad when your milk comes in, and it's very time consuming. You won't get to sleep in EVER, and you're going to be really tired so sleep when he sleeps.

Breastfed babies go through diapers a lot faster than formula fed. When Jax was a breastfed baby we'd probaly go through 8-10 a day, but formula now is more like 5-6.
xx

Hi Krystal! Welcome! I'm Shannon, 19 and I have a 6 month old named Victoria "Tori" Noëlle! :D
I would say go in with an open mind and sleep as much as possible during labor. You will be wiped! Feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions and I wish you the best of luck! :hugs2:

:wave:
People seem to think that when you first see your baby, you'll feel a great rush of love. For some people, yeah. For others, no. And that's perfectly normal. It may take you, hours, days, or even weeks or months. I didn't really feel great love for Connor until he was about 6 weeks old, I felt so guilty. After giving birth, I was shocked nd relieved that it was over, and after that, exhausted!

agree ^^^

And if you get PND and feel low talk to someone! I really regret waiting so long and spending weeks bawling my eyes out because I thought I was weak for feeling depressed.

Take as many naps as you can, try and get out in the day, even if you just walk up and down the street, being locked up in one room can really make you go mad.

Hi, i'm fyrarie, i'm 19 and have a 5 month old son Jayden.

the most advice i have is if someone offers to help you let them, its so hard in they first few weeks ajusting to that new life with this little baby depending on you :hugs: xxx

hi, good luck with everything.

i agree with eveyone else & make sure you ask someone to take alot of hospital pictures, i wasnt thinking about pictures at all when i was in labour & now i wish we had more of them & also remember that you are the mummy to your baby so if you decide you want to do something then do it even if someone else tells you you are wrong e.g. if you want to have a bath with your newborn then have one, if you want a day where you dont want anyone else to hold your baby then tell them otherwise you might regret it, just remember your baby is YOUR baby x

Take all the help you can get, take lots of pictures and VIDEOS! :D I wish I had more newborn videos of Noah :( I only have 2 and I cherish them so much even though hes not really doing much lol.

Do those damn kegel exercises! You do not want to tear! You are going to be EXHAUSTED the first few weeks, but it DOES get better, your body will get used to the lack of sleep.
Take as much help as is offered, it is okay to leave LO with a family member so you can go out with friends/OH every once in a while.
Get LO on a schedule that works best for you as soon as you can
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"