Helloo :)

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) Just wanted to introduce myself as I've never really been in this section before & hopefully will be a little bit more from now on :)

Im Linzi, Im 24 and have a 2 1/2 year old son called Seth. I am 8 and a bit weeks pregnant (not changed my ticker yet) and due 4th August 2011.

This is probably going to be my last baby, so I want to get everything from the birthing experience that I possibly can. I was very lucky with Seth because I had a short and very easy labour. I felt like it was what my body was meant to do, and it's the only thing I've every managed to do perfectly before :rofl: I was so proud of myself, and very lucky that I had that experience to boost my confidence.

With this baby, even though it is very early days, I would love to try a homebirth. Not sure about a birthpool or not yet, but it just makes a lot more sense to me than going into hospital. Seth's first memory of the new baby (hopefully) wont be mummy going away in the middle of the night and coming back with a new baby, he will be in the house, Matt will be here to comfort him if need be. It will also be good for Matt because I know he struggled a bit in the hospital last time - the tiredness, the uncomfortable chairs, not having a lot to do and feeling like a spare part.

So yes :) This feels like a perfect option for us :) I did not react well to G&A when I was having Seth so hoping to learn a bit more about hypnobirthing too to manage the pain better. I know things can go wrong though and that's what we're both a bit hesitant about, but hopefully we have enough time to have all of our worries managed.

If anyone has any recommendations of books/websites etc so I can do some reading up also I would really appreciate it :)

xxxx

Lovely to have you here Linzi and you do sound like the perfect home birth mama!! I know you said you feel 'lucky' but I dont think it's about luck - I think it sounds like you trusted your body and didnt fight it. If we go with it and embrace it rather than trying to run away we allow our bodies to do what they are designed to do, it makes for a much easier birth.

It's interesting that you talk about things 'going wrong'. There are risks where ever you give birth. In some aspects there are actually less risks when you are at home....see this post for a few interesting stats.....here

I dont think our society really acknowledges how important an event a woman's birth experience is. It can really affect us very deeply.....and when that's positively there's nothing like it :)

Enjoy planning your home birth! x

I read that post earlier hun it was very interesting to read.

One thing my husband said to me the other night was "what if the cord is wrapped around the babys neck?" and I didn't know how to answer him, but now I do :)

The only thing I was worried about was because when I was in labour I remember that they put a clip on his head when I was in and I can't remember why. I don't know if it was because I'd had pethedine or what. My hubby can't remember either. I just worry if there had been something wrong like if he was distressed, how would they know if they aren't monitoring the labour like they do in hospital?

I guess they're all questions I need answering in time. But for the time being even though it's early days I'm putting all of my effort into this going as smoothly as possible. I have complete faith in my body and I'll always remember the midwife saying to me after I gave birth and was feeding "wow, textbook labour and perfect at breastfeeding, you were born for this!" and I actually believed her. I cant wait to do it all over again xx

Those clips are a way to make their life easier in hospital. You wouldnt have that type of monitoring at home - that's continuous monitoring and of course it does actually attach to the babies scalp. At home, as in a birth centre or MW led environment, they dont use things like that and if it was a situation where continuous monitoring was appropriate, you'd be being transferred to hospital.
x

also i was about to say ask lisa shes great but there she is haha....i have question actually while im here, i was gunna fb u again lisa but...if theres no birthing pool at my local birthing center where the mw will be coming from, will i still be ok to have the water birth at home :-s i remember being in hospital with harry and asking for the pool but they had no one trained for it? :-s ..sorry to hijack ur thread linzi! x

whats your EDD zara? did you homebirth with Harry?

xx

ETA dont worry hun hijack away :) x

going on my lmp its august 26th so thats what my ticker is, but i didnt get a bfp untill cd34 so i think it might be a bit later than that, i didnt homebirth with harry but i really wanted to, unfortunatly i wasnt very well informed when it came to the desision and i ended up in hospital to have him because i was told spd ment a higher chance of needing assisted delivery, which i now now to be rubbish! both of my labour and deliverys we're quick and easy with no complications at all so im having this one at home no matter what! also im so desprate to actually give birth in a birthing pool! with charlie i had my labour in it and the midwife made me get out because she didnt belive i was ready to push because it had gone so fast and she couldnt see how dilated i was, i ended up having him on the bed about 5 mins after she told me i was 9cm! lol and with harry they were hugly understaffed and had no one trained in a water birth so i never even got in the pool! boo, this time though i will have my water baby! :)

If they do say they can't, it's an avoidance tactic. The Royal College of MWs stance is that midwives cannot say they are not trained in waterbirth. Midwives have duty to have knowledge about how to facilitate waterbirth even if they haven't done it before. :)

https://www.auroramidwifery.ca/documents/WaterbirthstatementRCOG.pdf

x

ooo buggers! oh yeah it wasnt that they wernt trained it was that they didnt have a midwife who had done a water birth avaiable when i was having harry! then i had a bloody student midwife deliver him anyway so what diffrence would it have made! grrrr there not getting out of it this time anyway haha

I was worried about SPD too because I was told Id need an epidural or even to be induced or have a section with Seth, but as it happened I had none of that and a pretty much perfect labour so Im not worried this time. xx

The beauty of being at home is you just get in the pool!!

haha yeah hop in "get me out biatttchhh" id say i cant wait but i'll have too about 37 more weeks :rofl:

It'll be here in a flash with the other two to run about after!! x

the other two and the puppy! arggghhhh :rofl: i'll be grey by the time it comes round!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->