HELP 3d VS sola??

cherry_pie

Reaction score
I have already purchased the 3d silver cross but it is still unopened and I have the reciept and it says 28 days to return it. I have about 5 days left and suddenly am considering switching to the m&p sola?? I am not sure however. My baby is due July 13 so is a summer baby and the sola looks so pretty I've seen people pushing their babys in it without a footmuff and its so cute. However, I'm thinking by the time I'm ready to be up and about with a pram it will be aug, then autumn is only round the corner and the 3d looks way more snuggly and warmer for winter. I like the 3d because it looks more like a snuggly newborn pram, but really by 12 weeks they will want to be sitting up and looking round them for which the sola would be better, looks way nicer and easier to handle in pushchair mode than the 3d does. Arrrgh, I need to be totally sure before mentioning this to OH as he is going to have a fit when I ask him to carry the 3d box back tho the shop lol. What do you all think???? Oh and I'm staying team yellow, do you think the 'grass' sola looks too boyish? I love the sola for the bright colours it would kind of defeat the purpose going with black! My 3d is already black. I'm just not so sure how warm and snuggly the sola would be for winter... omg I can't wait to think about normal things again instead of obsessing about prams etc.

Hi. These were the two I couldn't decide between,so read loads of online reviews, and went for the sola in the end.
Just felt it was easier to collapse for going in car boot, as 3d was quite bulky. Also love the easiness of adding on carrycot/car seat etc, and the face baby can face us, or the other way as it gets older.
As far as baby being cold I bought some gorgeous little pram suits from mamas and papas too, and can add snuggly blankets etc.
Also, don't think green is too boyish, looks very fresh. I'm sure whichever you go with will be perfect xx

Thanks for your input...im def sliding more towards the sola! I'm just worried about winter that it won't be cosy and protected enough but I suppose by the time winter comes my baby would be in pushchair mode in the 3d anyway and just in a footmuff without with apron or cover... Does it look cosy enough lying flat with the footmuff on as I can't seem to get pictures of it like that anywhere?

i've gone for the 3d as it will be perfect for winter and i love the way the car seat just clips onto the top :)

went to m&p today and they are giving me the gorgeous denim sola with the candy stripes from window display for £200!!!!!!! Theres not a mark on it, soooo hope mothercare take the 3d back with no issues like they said they would on the phone...

Well done what a bargain and for it's worth I would have gone for the sola, it gets much better reviews and don't forget it'll be in a pushchair waaaay longer than a pram (this is what my mum keeps saying anyway)

went to m&p today and they are giving me the gorgeous denim sola with the candy stripes from window display for £200!!!!!!! Theres not a mark on it, soooo hope mothercare take the 3d back with no issues like they said they would on the phone...

Wow fab bargain, i would of gone with the Sola over the 3D.
Good luck with the baby and enjoy your new pram lol!!

I have already purchased the 3d silver cross but it is still unopened and I have the reciept and it says 28 days to return it. I have about 5 days left and suddenly am considering switching to the m&p sola?? I am not sure however. My baby is due July 13 so is a summer baby and the sola looks so pretty I've seen people pushing their babys in it without a footmuff and its so cute. However, I'm thinking by the time I'm ready to be up and about with a pram it will be aug, then autumn is only round the corner and the 3d looks way more snuggly and warmer for winter. I like the 3d because it looks more like a snuggly newborn pram, but really by 12 weeks they will want to be sitting up and looking round them for which the sola would be better, looks way nicer and easier to handle in pushchair mode than the 3d does. Arrrgh, I need to be totally sure before mentioning this to OH as he is going to have a fit when I ask him to carry the 3d box back tho the shop lol. What do you all think???? Oh and I'm staying team yellow, do you think the 'grass' sola looks too boyish? I love the sola for the bright colours it would kind of defeat the purpose going with black! My 3d is already black. I'm just not so sure how warm and snuggly the sola would be for winter... omg I can't wait to think about normal things again instead of obsessing about prams etc.

Hi Cherry Pie, My baby is due late October and i am getting the Sola, i had the demo done in mamas and papas and it is so easy to use. I worried also about the winter but this is a very popular style now and i spoke to some other mum friends and they said they used a snow suit and put an extra blanket on, it also comes with a rain cover so if it was really windy that could on too. There is also a carry cot option.

I am also getting the Green for either a girl or a boy (we aren't finding out till he/she arrives), i think the colours is so vibrant and i think baby will enjoy looking up at the colours when they are young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->