HELP! 4 days heavy bleeding but tests still positive! No progression though!

PrincessTaz

Winter's Mummy, TTC#2
Reaction score
I had a positive pregnancy test on Saturday at 14dpo but on Sunday the test was a bit fainter, temps had dropped to cover line and then lunch time heavy bleeding and cramps started. I obviously presumed it was a chemical. Been bleeding heavily since everyday. Where as my af is normally 1 day of heavy, 1 medium and then 1 day of light. I'm still bleeding now but medium flow. I don't know why but I testes last night and my tests are still positive and again this morning and still positive.

I don't have any hope that I'm still pregnant with a healthy sustainable pregnancy but I don't understand why the tests are still so positive! I have a gp appointment at 3pm today but I'm just wondering if anyone here has experienced something similar? I'm really worried about ectopic pregnancy right now, I have so many problems ttc as it is, really don't want to lose a tube too! :cry:

Sundays test and the day bleeding started
IMG_20150628_065012.jpg

Tests taken yesterday evening
IMG_20150630_202736.jpg

Tests taken today
IMG_20150701_102519.jpg

They are certainly positive! I would definitely be asking for bloods to be taken today and Friday just to see what's happening. With dd2 I had alot of bleeding and she's nearly 5 ☺ good luck at the Dr's hun it's horrible not knowing what's going on xxx

Ask for your bloods done. Really hope everything is ok for you x

They are positive and seem to have progression... I would get check out! I had a bleed about a week after I found out with my son, and I had a sub chronic hematoma... He's now two! Hope all is well❤️

Definitely ask to have a few quantitative tests done to see which direction your numbers are going. Hope it turns out ok!

They look like they progressed to me! I hope your appt goes well and you can figure out what is going on!

All the gp did was call the epu which I had already done. All they've said is its too early so see anything on a scan so to test again in 2 weeks and see what the test says. If it's still positive they will then scan for ectopic. Basically they said it just sounds like the miscarriage process is taking a little longer. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the test show in a week it two. They wont do a blood test either. Just praying it's not ectopic because I don't want to lose a tube on top of all the other issues I have!

They certainly progressed

I had this with my 2nd dd

I bled quite red and medium for about a week , pains at the beginning and cramps and I thought I had lost her! I waited 2 of the longest weeks in total to find out she was still with me , and she's now a healthy 15 year old
They did bloods that progressed well and your tests do look darker!

Hope it's just something of nothing and everything works out well
Cmon sticky bean your mummy needs you to be a fighter like mine was :dust: :hugs:

That's a bit strange. I'm surprised they didn't do a blood test to check hcg levels. Sorry your going through this :hugs:

My ectopic didnt get picked up until six weeks as i had a scan at 4 weeks due to bleeding for them to say i miscarried i knew something wasnt right and kept testing and the tests were dark positive, you might just have to give it a couple of weeks and keep testing because if they scan you now nothing will be seen and even an ectopic could be missed this early, hope it isnt ectopic and everything turns out alright

Those are some pretty darn positive tests... I'd be thinking you're still pregnant and the bleeding was a fluke. Try not to stress and just take it easy. Maybe your OB would draw bloods?

I can see the progression on those tests. Keeping my fingers crossed for you x

I'd personally would be demanding a blood test.. that's totally ridiculous advice to tell you to wait two weeks.

Fx for you hun xx

I had a subchronic hematoma with my second & bled heavily.. but all was fine. It def looks like your tests have gotten way darker. You should get repeat bloods done. Any doctor can order it, doesn't have to be an ob.

IMG_20150703_090345.jpg

Still stuck in the limbo of not being pregnant but not being not pregnant!*
Yesterday's test was much lighter but then today's back the same as other 2 days so u just don't know! I'm going to stop testing everyday now and maybe just wait a week before testing again. If it's still positive then I might call back because waiting 2 weeks feeling this this isn't fair to me. I'll just go to a&e and refuse to leave until the scan or draw bloods or something. Also bleeding has stopped now.*

great the bleeding has stopped and test looking good a and e will take bloods i went in as had pain they arranged a scan as well x

Glad the bleeding has stopped hun! I would be tempted to go to a and e for bloods. Its horrible in limbo land xxx

I was in exactly same situation hun, my tests were like yours and I was also bleeding so when to ER they did hcg blood tests came back 18miu so they said your heading for a miscarriage as its too low, but go to EPU tomorrow morning to do a urine test, so next day went to EPU and their urine test was negative so they said sorry but you've miscarried as negative and I was like but my HCG is 18 doesn't it have to be 5 or less and she said it's still too low... So sent me away, well I still felt pregnant so thought I'd pick some tests up (there the same as yours purple handle ones,but I had crap progress on them they wasn't getting much darker) but I still saw it as a positive, so Monday morning I went to docs explained and showed her my test she said ️well I will do a repeat beta but please don't get your hopes up, so I was left in limbo till results came back
I had my bloods 3 days after my last lot at ER, doc rang she said they have raised not a lot but more than doubled I want to repeat them in a week, they went from 18 to 60 in 72 hours, so all over xmas I was still waiting in limbo as she said 60 still was too low :( I kept testing and I did a digi xmas day and it was 2-3 weeks so I thought ️well must be rising as I had 1-2 last week, did a purple handle test again and was a nice bfp so I did stay positive all over xmas then went for my bloods then on the day I expected my phone call of doc I used my last Digi and was 3+ then got a phone call straight after they had shot up to 1434 :) so please don't think your out hun, the hospital wouldn't re test my beta but I begged my doctor and she said yes she would so please visit your GP take your tests with you I did and request a beta, I bled at 4 weeks then 8 weeks then 11 weeks too, and soon I'll be having my baby boy :) I'll put some pics of my tests on here for comparison, but please don't lose hope every one told me to expect the worse, but here I am now so I hope this story gives you some hope, I was just too early hence the light tests and low numbers, good luck hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->