HELP! Advice needed on bottles, steralisers, breast pumps...

kayleigh&bump

Mum to Finnley & TTC #2
Reaction score
I am totally clueless on the above, but need to get them sorted pretty soonish im guessing.

I am planning on giving breastfeeding a go, but will want to express every now and again asap so that hubby can feed too. Although this is the plan, im pretty open minded, and am gunna be quite happy to formula feed if bf doesnt go to plan or i cant manage it for whatever reason.

So basically, what I need to know is....

Do my bottles, steralisers and pump all need to be the same make, or do different bottles fit all? Anyone got any recommendations for a small budget?

Any info and advice would be great cos like I said, I am totally clueless :haha:

Hey hun I was recommended Tommee Tippee closer to nature, as apparently they are anti colic and also the easiest to gof rom breastfeeding to bottle feeding with. In Asda at the mo they have 3 bottles for £10 or 2 packs of 3 for £15, I got some from the Asda Living store last night.
Also the Microwave and Electric Sterilisers for TT are on offer in Boots and Babies R Us :) and also in Tescos, think the Breast Pump and Bottle Warmers are on offer in there too :)

Hope that Helps! xx

Hey, can I say, that I tried those Tommee Tipee closer to nature bottles with my first & they were a bit rubbish, and she had horrendous colic.
We moved over to the Dr Browns bottles (they have a microwave steriliser too) and they are brilliant. They really work for colic, if you google it explains their design, I won't try to :)
Have just bought in new bottles for number 2 so I have them from the start....I'm expressing aswell...

so does everything need to be the same brand then?

Only reason im asking is cos someone bought us a boots own steraliser a few weeks back, which comes with 6 of the taller thin bottles. If I wanted to use this, would I need to get the boots own pump (if they do one?) and more boots own bottles, or could I just use any I find on offer at the time regardless of the brand?

Its all so confusing :wacko: lol xx

I had the Tommee Tippee steriliser and changed to the Dr Browns bottles & they worked fine together...and the bottles were different in shape..

what about the breast pump? Do they fit any bottle? Im really struggling to get my head around all these feeding lark lol xx

i have the tommee tippee microwave steriliser which includes 3 small bottles and the tommee tippee breast pump. Im going to buy 3 more bottles as that should be pleanty as im also planning on breastfeeding.

you can use any bottles, and buying a steriliser just check on the box it will show you the combination of how many and which sized bottles you can put in at any one time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->