Help! advice needed tonight Manchester Piccadilly to Victoria (Metro confusion)

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Hi

Hopefully someone will have a quick answer for me! I'm travelling up to Manchester on the train tomorrow. We arrive in Manchester Piccadilly and get the Metro to Manchester Victoria. Now, I'm confused as the departure from Piccadilly is the same time as the arrival in to Piccadilly(hope that makes sense?).

I don't understand how it works as there isn't time between arrival and departure. They are the same time! Never been to Manchester before.

How does it work when you change?

So you are getting the train to Piccadilly and then the tram to Victoria is that right?

Trams go every few minutes, you don't catch a specific one. The trams are below the station, so once you come in look for escalators and stairs that go down, near Sainsburys and Accessorize. It's all well signed so don't worry. To get to Victoria get a Bury tram. There are others too- there will be a map to help you figure it out- but Bury is the only one I know for sure. Or you could walk it if you don't have much luggage, it isn't far. Or a taxi would cost you maybe a fiver, and there are always loads waiting at the station.

Yep, I think it is the tram! Ah wow! That's taken a load off! Thank you. Only there for the day so no luggage. My train tickets ate confusing too but if its how you've described then that's great! Phew!

It will be, don't worry, it's impossible to get assigned a ticket on a specific tram or to a have a seat or anything. Even if your train is an hour late you just get on the first tram that comes along and you'll be fine. Plus it's only four very short stops to Victoria, takes less than ten minutes.

Excellent! Thank you! It had really been bothering me as I had arranged the trip and felt the weight of responsibility! I will sleep well now!

No worries! Good luck with it all, it's really nerve wracking isn't it?! I spent about four hours trying to get from Euston to Kingston recently, so I know it's scary being in a new city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->