help! ADVICE NEEDED

IrishDiva1982

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

On May 20, 2011, my OB did a transvaginal ultrasound and it was determined that I was approximately 3-4 weeks pregnant. According to the ultrasound itself, I was 4w1d; however, my doc said that I found out VERY early on that I was pg so I could even be as early as 3 weeks.

On June 2, 2011, I had a pink discoloration on the TP when I wiped. No bleeding or spotting of any kind other than the once when I wiped. I have had mild cramping, but have been told on several occasions this is fairly normal.

My doc was not in office but her partner agreed to have me come in for an exam. He did an exam and another transvaginal ultrasound. He said there was a 50% chance that I was miscarrying and ordered labs to check the HcG levels.

I spoke with my doc and the first blood test stated: hcg 99,000. I have to wait to see if this number increases, but while she had me on the phone she said the other doctor was worried that there was no heartbeat or cardiac activity and this is why the ultrasound was "inconclusive". BUT, I was on approx. 5w7d when I went in to be seen.

I'm so very very confused. I feel like the hcg level is high and that I can still have hope because it might have just been to early to get the heartbeat. But, I don't want to give my hopes up. I'm so scared, but trying to remain optimistic. I have an appointment with another doctor on Wednesday for a second opinion.

Any suggestions or comments? Please help!

Oh wow, either that's super high or mines crazy low! My hcg was 98000 at 12 weeks. If there wasn't anything concerning on the ultrasound I wouldn't worry too much. The rest of your symptoms sound very normal to me. Congrats :)

I meant to add that they don't always see a heartbeat before 6 weeks. It's still very early!

Usually the hearbeat can't be seen until at least 6 weeks, so not seeing it is normal. I'm surprised the doctor didn't seem to know that.... Other than that, I think the best you can do is wait to see what your levels do. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"