Help? Advice?

kmo1996

Reaction score
3 or 4 months ago I stopped my birth control because we are trying to conceive. I haven't really kept track of my period since I got off but it has been regular for the most part. I am now 3 days late. I took a test and it's negative. On Christmas my boyfriend and I had sex and later that night I took an ovulation test and it said I have an lh surge. I have sore boobs to the point where it hurt in the shower and have some faint cramps. Any advice if I'm gonna get my period or if I'm pregnant? I'm hoping I'm pregnant but I don't know how long after an lh surge you get your period

If you did ovulate when you suspected, you're about 13dpo. It can take some time for hcg to build up in your system. If you don't get a bfp in a couple of days, it could be that you O'd a couple of days later. It's kind of hard to tell without tracking your cycles.

If you did ovulate when you suspected, you're about 13dpo. It can take some time for hcg to build up in your system. If you don't get a bfp in a couple of days, it could be that you O'd a couple of days later. It's kind of hard to tell without tracking your cycles.

Sorry I'm trying to get the hang of the abbreviations lol... So I'm 13 days past ovulation. How long normally is it past ovulation when someone gets their period?
I don't track my cycles but when I was on the pill it was right with the pill and if not it was 2 days after taking the "sugar" pills. My belly feels kind of funny like full but I think I'm just over thinking an getting my hopes up :( I took another lh surge and I saw another faint line so I'm confused now.

In order for the ovulation test to be positive the 2nd line has to be the same color or darker than the control line.

Without tracking your cycles and temping, it's hard to determine when you ovulated. When you get your period after ovulating depends on how long your luteal phase is as they vary significantly between each woman. My lp is 15 days, some women have shorter.

If your period does come, you should try bbt (basal body temping) and use the fertility friend app. It is extremely helpful with pin pointing ovulation and tracking your cycles.

In order for the ovulation test to be positive the 2nd line has to be the same color or darker than the control line.

Without tracking your cycles and temping, it's hard to determine when you ovulated. When you get your period after ovulating depends on how long your luteal phase is as they vary significantly between each woman. My lp is 15 days, some women have shorter.

If your period does come, you should try bbt (basal body temping) and use the fertility friend app. It is extremely helpful with pin pointing ovulation and tracking your cycles.

I definitely will try temping.. I didn't know the 2nd line had to be darker. I just saw a 2 lines and thought i had a lh surge

I definitely will try temping.. I didn't know the 2nd line had to be darker. I just saw a 2 lines and thought i had a lh surge

No, opks can be very confusing, yet very helpful to time when to bd. I hope you get your bfp soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->