Help and advice needed... just wind?

kelleepudding

Reaction score
Hiya,

my baby is one week old and after every feed it seems he is suffering really badly with wind, I wind him in all the traditional ways and he does burp but seems like he is still suffering despite this. He puts his hands up to his face, pulls his knees up and his face goes really red. He also does this in his sleep sometimes after he has settled a bit. Does this sound like just wind to you all? Is there anything I can do to help it pass? I hate seeing him in pain! He is on SMA and TT bottles and will take the feeds just fine and has 60-90ml every 2-3 hours.

Any advice would be so much appreciated!!

Thanks
xx

How is his poo? It sounds like constipation to me.

He poos once a day on average, stools are soft and yellowy browny colour?

My baby was doing the same, I was using SMA and TT bottles too. A few days ago I changed over to Aptamil comfort and I can already see a difference she's much happier and although still windy she doesn't appear anywhere near as uncomfortable. I am also trying a different type of bottle and have replaced the teats on the TT ones as I noticed a few of them had a really fast flow despite being slow flow ones. So far so good, hope you find something that works x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->