Help... ASAP

CharlotteLily

Reaction score
Can I request a growth scan due to my daughter being a day over but only 6.14? I have mw on Tuesday for my 28 week appointment xx

Do you mean your 1st baby was a day overdue and was 6lb 14oz so you want to request a growth scan with this baby?

6lb 14 isn't a bad size and growth scans aren't that accurate. Here, the MW will only refer you for one if she's concerned. Or you can pay for a private growth scan.

6lb 14 isn't a bad size and growth scans aren't that accurate. Here, the MW will only refer you for one if she's concerned. Or you can pay for a private growth scan.

Exactly what I was going to say :thumbup:

NHS Growth scans only tend to be done if the midwife is concerned/medical problems such as gestational diabetes etc, you could ask your care-giver but be prepared for them not to refer you for one if they don't see a need to, are you I the UK? could you maybe have a private growth scan. 6lb 14 is a good weight my first baby weighed that and was also a day over :) x

I know somebody who gave birth to a 5lb baby even though she was 2 weeks over. 6lb 14 is a good size, it is nearly 7lb more than healthy, plus no two pregnancies are the same, they will only scan you if you show signs of being small but even then the scans are hugely inaccurate, I'm guessing your baby was healthy? In which case surely you just make babies on the smaller side and it's a genetic thing as opposed to them not getting enough nutrition.

As the others have said hun, not sure why you'd think you need one as that is a good weight. I agree it's probably very unlikely the nhs will give u one without a good medical reason - presuming ur in the uk, but u can go private and pay for one yourself x

My son was 6.7 and he was a week over. Nor sure how 6.14 is small !? If your worried get a private scan but I don't think they will give you one as your dd did not have a low birth weight. X

Anything over 5lbs 8oz (5.5 lbs) is no longer considered low birth weight.
My daughter is measuring small and I am anticipating her to be around 6.5 and very happy with that weight.

She was 5lbs 9oz 2 weeks ago, I am having another growth scan today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->