Help - ate raw chorizo

callmedan

Reaction score
I'm freaking out I ate a piece of raw chorizo without even thinking and now I've read up on its all bad things :( is there anything I can do?

You could go throw it up... oooor better plan you could just let it go. I'm going to assume since you did it without thinking that it's something you did a lot pre-pregnancy. So your body is probably used to it/ wherever you get your supply of chorizo is generally safe. The reason raw foods are a no no during pregnancy is the same reason it's a no no during non-pregnancy. :) I'm sure you and little boo will be fine.

You'll be fine, the risk of bacteria is so small.

Nothing you can do besides forgive yourself and move on. With my third pregnancy, I ate very rare steaks every single day (duh, how did I not notice I was craving steak every day???) while not knowing I was pregnant and - oops! I was 5 weeks along. No harm done. That pregnancy is now a perfect 16m old.

I eat raw foods. They aren't banned in all cultures.
Just make sure to not buy raw lunch meat or whatever at deli or so where it could be sitting out.
Packaged food is preserved and safe after opening.

The ban on sushi was even officially removed IF you get your sushi from a reputable place that flash freezes their fish (restaurants have to flash freeze)

I ate sushi, cold cuts and rare steaks, soft cheeses u name it for both my pregnancies!!!! Kids are perfect. I do the same with this one. I'm not a firm believer in the crazy food banning while pregnant so id say enjoy the chorizo ;)

I eat raw foods. They aren't banned in all cultures.
Just make sure to not buy raw lunch meat or whatever at deli or so where it could be sitting out.
Packaged food is preserved and safe after opening.

The ban on sushi was even officially removed IF you get your sushi from a reputable place that flash freezes their fish (restaurants have to flash freeze)

Agree. 100%

Thank you everyone, I feel a bit worried still but you've made me feel a lot better
Think I'll mention it to mw too (when I finally get round to making an appointment!)
xx

When in doubt, tell the doctor. But I'm glad you are not as worried now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->