help- baby breakfasts i am stumped!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by 29july09, Dec 18, 2009.

1. 29july09

29july09 Well-Known Member

Hi i hope someone can help, my daughter is lactose intolerant, she is nearly 5 months but had to wean her early as she doesnt like her soya milk and will only have a bottle morning and night. It seems to be working well as she is putting weight on- she is 16 punds, little porker lol.
    Anyway i am really stuck with what to give her for breakfast as all the baby cereals have milk in them. If i give her fruit she gets hungry again an hour later. I am presuming she is too young for ready brek or weetabix.
    Can anyone help?????

sarah and lexie
    xxxx

2. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

some of the hipp ones you can add you own milk too, you have to read the instructions though cos some of them you add water and they have the milk already in. But I'm sure I didnt want to give Finn milk before 6 mos and I used those cereals so one must be suitable! I useready brek now and to be honest, its very similar.

3. 29july09

the hipp ones have organic follow on milk in, with something like ready brek i could add her formula milk. you dont think she is too young for normal ready brek do you?
    xx

4. Jody R

Jody R Well-Known Member

I know you add cooled boiled water to the Heinz cereals but I'm not sure if they already have milk product in them.

Can't your health visitor or doctor suggest anything else she could have?

Does she have baby rice made up with soya milk? I add blended peach or pear (from tins in juice not syrup) to Joseph's baby rice or ready brek to make it more interesting for him.

5. 29july09

she isnt keen on baby rice but i could try putting alot of fruit in,
    thanks ill try her
    xx

6. 29july09

sorry forgot to say health visitor wont advise as she isnt 6 months and thats what is recommended
    xx

7. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

id say shes fine for weetabix.

zane loves weetabix and chopped up fruit like pear, i put it in the microwave to mush it up and its so tasty if he doesnt eat it i do lol

8. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

not all of them do. As I said, some of them do, some you add your own milk, you have to read the instructions. I used to have to walk to the big boots in town to get the ones I wanted. Readybrek is oats. Oats have gluten in them, that is why the oat based ones are 6m+