Help!! ben and jerry's

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
been craving ben and jerry's for a few days so after reading on their site it was safe as they use pasteurized eggs, after eating almost half a tub I starting reading the tub and it doesn't say anywhere on the tub that it use's pasteurized eggs. actually feeling sick with worry.
https://www.benjerry.com/about-us/contact-us.default

would you say it's safe to have ben and jerry's?

https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/how-we-make-ice-cream#4timeline

it is pasteurized.

I'm pretty sure all commercial ice cream is.

been craving ben and jerry's for a few days so after reading on their site it was safe as they use pasteurized eggs, after eating almost half a tub I starting reading the tub and it doesn't say anywhere on the tub that it use's pasteurized eggs. actually feeling sick with worry.

I think you're okay. Surely they would have to face a lawsuit if they blatantly lied on their site. Most commercially made ice cream is made with pasteurized eggs or egg products.

And from your own link, the first FAQ:

Pregnant women craving ice cream can still have their Ben & Jerry's! All of the milk, cream, as well as the eggs used in our products are pasteurized during the production process. Also, add-ins such as raw cookie dough or brownie batter found in our product are made with pasteurized eggs.

Expecting mothers are also often concerned with alcohol or caffeine content of some of our flavors. Rest assured the trace amount of liqueur or caffeine used in our flavorings is perfectly safe for you to consume.

I've just eaten half a tub of cookie dough ben and Jerry's and I ate it in my last pregnancy and everything was fine. I remember looking it up last time and reading it's pasteurised

glad it's ok, I love the cookie dough one :)
just got a little worried as it didn't mention it on the tub, but dose on their website.

the cookie dough one is the one I just ate :D

I'm still too sick to eat much of anything! I'm ready for this morning sickness to go away! :sick:

I'm lucky, I haven't actually been sick yet, ran to the loo a few times, to only end up dry heaving, the nausea is getting to me, had it with both my boys, was hoping i'd get away with not getting it this time round, managed to get to 8 weeks before it hit, last 2 were 3 and 4 weeks.

Anything sold in stores i believe HAS to be made with pasteurised eggs. When it comes to non pasteurised eggs, most of it has to do with homemade items such as home made mayonaise.

I agree with orion -- if you buy it from a shop it has to be pasteurised. It's homemade or restaurant food you need to worry about.

Last pregnancy I had a major caesar salad addiction, but I could never have it when I went out to eat because most places made the dressing themselves. Drove me nuts!!

I agree with orion -- if you buy it from a shop it has to be pasteurised. It's homemade or restaurant food you need to worry about.

Last pregnancy I had a major caesar salad addiction, but I could never have it when I went out to eat because most places made the dressing themselves. Drove me nuts!!

I didn't even think about caesar salad being homemade in restaurants! I was thinking about how good it sounded with some crunchy croutons.... mmm....

So what did you do? Just buy the bottled stuff?! :huh:

When I was pregnant with DS, I once cried at a place where the guy did not know if the Caesar salad dressing was made with raw eggs or not...he just didn't know but I wanted the salad and I was stressed that day and i ended up crying...lol. Hormones.

I am pretty sure the poor guy at the counter didn't know what to think but it was probably pretty distressing for him!

Yall are making me crave Ben & Jerry's now! :) My favorite is Dublin Mudslide. So so good! I rarely see it in stores anymore though :(

I didn't even think about caesar salad being homemade in restaurants! I was thinking about how good it sounded with some crunchy croutons.... mmm....

So what did you do? Just buy the bottled stuff?! :huh:

That's exactly what I did -- I bought a bottle of dressing and ate it at home pretty much every day.

Misspriss, I think I would have cried too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->