HELP!! "Breaking through BCP?" What??????

Weewendyg

Reaction score
Hello all...

Well I had an HSG done today. The doctor had to dilate my cervix to pass the catheter through (which was not pleasant at all), but he said my tubes are PERFECT!

During the u/s he said that I was about to release an egg and should go home and have sex for the next few days! I reminded him that he put me on BCP last week to regulate my cycle for next month when we will do IUI. He said "Ah...that's right...you must be breaking through the BCP???

Has anyone ever experienced this before? Can I actually get pregnant on BCP? I have only been on it for 6 days but he sees an egg ready to "release". Doesn't the birth control pill stop you from ovulating? Have I just not been on it long enough for it to work? Should I try now? If I do get pregnant...will the BCP harm the baby??

I am so confused!!!! any help that anyone can give...please! :shrug:

Considering that he just put you on birth control, it might not have taken its full effect yet - that's why they recommend that for the first cycle you use a barrier method - try it out - you might just be getting a surprise in your oven.

Hello all...

Well I had an HSG done today. The doctor had to dilate my cervix to pass the catheter through (which was not pleasant at all), but he said my tubes are PERFECT!

During the u/s he said that I was about to release an egg and should go home and have sex for the next few days! I reminded him that he put me on BCP last week to regulate my cycle for next month when we will do IUI. He said "Ah...that's right...you must be breaking through the BCP???

Has anyone ever experienced this before? Can I actually get pregnant on BCP? I have only been on it for 6 days but he sees an egg ready to "release". Doesn't the birth control pill stop you from ovulating? Have I just not been on it long enough for it to work? Should I try now? If I do get pregnant...will the BCP harm the baby??

I am so confused!!!! any help that anyone can give...please! :shrug:

If you started the pill on the first day of your period, you will be covered contraceptive wise as it is too soon to ovulate.

If you started the pill at any other time in the cycle, you can fall pregnant as the pill has not enought time to switch off ovulation hormones.

The pill will not affect the baby as long as you stop taking it when you actually realise you are pregnant (hopefully!!)

:hugs:
x

i believe it allows you to still ovulate, But an an egg that is fertalised cannot attatch to the womb lining when on BCP.

I could be wrong though :)

i believe it allows you to still ovulate, But an an egg that is fertalised cannot attatch to the womb lining when on BCP.

I could be wrong though :)

the mini pill (progesterone only) alters the lining of the womb so that an egg can't implant

the combined pill (the one that is used to regulate cycles) stops ovulation

xxx

Thanks for the info everyone!
Much appreciated!!! I guess we will see what happens....but if no "bun in the oven" this month, looking forward to IUI next month....have a REALLY good feeling about it!

Thanks again....much love!
Wendy

Thanks for the info everyone!
Much appreciated!!! I guess we will see what happens....but if no "bun in the oven" this month, looking forward to IUI next month....have a REALLY good feeling about it!

Thanks again....much love!
Wendy

fingers and toes crossed

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel