HELP! Can being on the pill for just 12 days affect your cycle?

toffee2010

Reaction score
Hi,

My last period was 17th april. Stopped pill 12 days after. It was very first month taking the pill. I had withdrawal bleed for 2 days , a couple days later which was extremely light. If my cycle starts from withdrawal bleed im due today.

Anyway, I had fainted in the middle of night last weekend ( out the blue/never happened before) and had hot/cold flushes and intense waves of nausea. 2 days later and similiar thing happened after having a wee but didnt faint. Went to walk in centre and she did both a urine preg test ( neg) and uti test ( neg). This is our first month of trying to conceive so a bit weird this happening now. What could of been my ovulation time, actually felt like my period was on its way but didnt which again was weird as i swore i was going to come on.

Can taking the pill for the first time, for just 12 days actually affect this cycle? Last time i was on the pill, it made me 5 days late from my last period date , not my withdrawal bleed like most people say.

With the fainting , flushing and generally not feeling myself, I don't know what to think !

Sounds like you just stopped the pill mid cycle, so your symptoms are all probably from not completing the cycle. You really shouldn't just stop taking it mid cycle, you should wait for your week of sugar pills and the withdrawal bleed then not start the next cycle. Yes it can mess you up even after only 2 weeks of taking it. Hope it doesnt take too long to settle for you

It can definitely affect your cycle. Your body has been fed artificial hormones and then they have been taken away, so of course your body doesn't know what's happening. It shouldn't take too long to regulate again though xx Good luck.

Absolutely. Honestly, drinking too much soy "Nog" around Christmas has had an effect on my cycles in the past. Birth control most certainly could do the same. Our homone balances can be fairly easily thrown out of whack. Hopefully it will settle down and return to normal for you soon. :)

Congratulations! One of my first symptoms (even before my period was due) was this weird facial flushing and dizzy feeling. My heart felt like it was racing out if my chest sometimes, too. So weird. Glad your odd symptoms were related to pregnancy. Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->