Help! Childcare vouchers question

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
I just got my payslip today and my company (which is the City Council), did not take my childcare vouchers off my pay - I haven't got them either.

I received a letter from the voucher company last month that said that the vouchers would start from my December pay ie this one and a confirmation from the nursery that they had also been contacted by the company confirming this.

Now, what do I do (I will obviously be phoning both companies tomorrow) if there is a mistake? Does this mean that I will have to pay the full amount myself? If so I am going to lose out on nearly a £100 due to a mistake on their part.

Has this happened to any of you and what did you do to resolve it? Do we have any rights here?:growlmad:

I have had SO many problems with childcare vouchers since I started getting them in August. My main problem was that my childcare vouchers had come out of my pay but the voucher company had not passed them on to the nursery. As it was not my fault the nursery were quite understanding and waited for the voucher company to pay. There was no way I was going to pay twice anyway.

As you say you have a letter confirming that deductions would start from December then I think it is the council who need to amend your payslip. (If they have given you your payslip but not paid you yet there should be a window to alter errors anyway - I speak from experience as this has also happened in the last few months!)

Hope you get it all sorted x

If you are using Computershare (formally Busy Bees) they're having MAJOR teething problems since changing systems. They're crap and we've had no end of trouble. Hope you get it sorted hun.

i was told you can only use them once your child is 3 but thats just me

Poppy's not referring to the free childcare for 3 year olds hun, it's the vouchers that you can get your employer to pay you instead of paying you money, and you save tax and NI on them. You use them to pay your childcare provider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->